BATFE ruling

PDA

Red Cent
August 4, 2010, 05:25 PM
The head of the BATFE recently "re-interpreted" something that has been in effect for 40+ years. Starting whenever, any time a manufacturer sends a long gun or a handgun to a lab, gun writer, etc., the sender and recipient must treat the transaction as a "transfer" of ownership. 4473 and the whole kit and kaboodle.
This is a small article in Guns & Ammo. It did not address a situation of where one would send a rifle or handgun to a gunsmith for repair.

If you enjoyed reading about "BATFE ruling" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CoRoMo
August 4, 2010, 05:26 PM
I remember reading about this here... a couple months ago, I think.

I remember someone's comment about gun writers reviewing a firearm. They'll have to go through the transfer circus just to borrow the gun.

nalioth
August 4, 2010, 06:17 PM
I remember reading about this here... a couple months ago, I think. Back in May, more 'zactly.

ATF Reverses Interpretation of GCA; Redefines "Transfers" of Firearms (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=525511)

Hardly anybody ever uses the search before they post "hot news".

It did not address a situation of where one would send a rifle or handgun to a gunsmith for repair. That is because no transfer of ownership is taking place.

Sam1911
August 4, 2010, 06:20 PM
Yup. Check the link.

If you enjoyed reading about "BATFE ruling" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!