EoTech 512 HELP ASAP

PDA

AR27
August 6, 2010, 12:41 AM
I can get a 512 from a guy for about 200 bucks but only have a day or two to decide. Here is the catch, this is what he says about it: This belonged to someone who didn't want it anymore because he got it for free and said that it was broken. As it turned out, it just had a bit of corrosion on the negative terminal because he left the batteries sitting in it for a year while storing it. I cleaned the terminals up and im selling it.

Is it worth the risk? Is this a real problem? 200 bucks is alot to me.

If you enjoyed reading about "EoTech 512 HELP ASAP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Avenger29
August 6, 2010, 01:55 AM
Eh, battery corrosion is common with the EoTechs (you really ought to use lithium batteries). So long as the acid didn't get into the sight itself, it should be OK. Put some fresh batteries in it and make sure it's a real EoTech...

EoTech can also do some work on the sight, too. They might replace the terminals.

You won't make much profit off of the 512 by selling it (unless your customer is just not informed). I can find the 512 models for sale for quite cheap.

If you enjoyed reading about "EoTech 512 HELP ASAP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!