Llama revolvers?

PDA

Checkman
December 9, 2003, 12:38 AM
I was just browsing through one of the local gunstores today and I came across both a 44 mag and a .357 mag made by Llama. I believe the guns were called Commanches. I'm not real familiar with Llamas and I was under the impression that the company only made autos. The 44 was priced at $315 and the 357 was $285. The 44 was a six inch, the 357 was a four inch. They looked to be in pretty good shape, but I didn't handle them nor do I plan to buy either of them. Nevertheless are they good quality guns? For someone fairly new and wanting an affordable and used .357 would this be a good purchase? Or should they just stick to a Ruger Security Six or GP100?

If you enjoyed reading about "Llama revolvers?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Gordon
December 9, 2003, 01:17 AM
I couldn't post three foot tall letters so: STICK TO RUGERS!!!!!!!!!! Or a S&W or Colt sound used revolver. At those prices you could buy a good REAL GUN!!! And believe me I collect Spanish guns ( more than 20 year old weird stuff) but not that glosssy junk!:barf:

semf
December 9, 2003, 02:03 AM
Gordon said it best
A good used Smith .357 can be found for $250 -$300 a .44 not much more.
Last week I saw a good looking used Ruger double action .44 mag for $359. S.A. go for about $300

stans
December 9, 2003, 07:11 AM
I have met only one person who actually owned a Llama revolver. This was a Commanche III, 357 Magnum, 4 inch barrel. He said it shot way to the right, even with the rear sight adjusted all the way to the left side. I looked at the revolver and immediately noticed the barrel was angled way to the right relative to the frame. No amount of sight adjustment could compensate for the poor workmanship in this one. It's your money, but you could probably pick up a real nice, used Ruger or S&W for that kind of money.

TonyB
December 10, 2003, 03:05 PM
ONE WORD>>>>>RUGER:cool:

stans
December 10, 2003, 07:31 PM
You could also look for a nice, used Dan Wesson, these are usually very accurate and very durable revolvers.

Standing Wolf
December 11, 2003, 12:50 AM
The only Llama revolver I ever looked at was scrap iron new in the box.

Checkman
December 11, 2003, 11:33 AM
Okay I'll make sure not to reccommend Llama revolvers to anybody. Actually I'll make sure not to reccommend ANY of their guns to beginners. I'll stay with my first choice and reccomend Rugers. Actually I own a Ruger GP100 and I like it alot.

keano44
December 11, 2003, 01:59 PM
My first .44 revolver was a Llama Super Comanche, 6" barrel. I kept it only a short time, only fired low power cartridges through it. I only bought it because I new I was making a good deal, and traded it towards a Ruger Super Blackhawk, .44. I knew I wanted to get into reloading for my .44's and hunt with them, and would have been afraid to shoot many full power or hot rounds through the Llama.

If you enjoyed reading about "Llama revolvers?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!