Double Suomi Drum Prototype

PDA

strobro32
August 8, 2010, 08:19 AM
Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqwtWPYsT2g

The SMG was a M11/9 and a Max-11 DF upper.

The ammo was 115 WWB and the bolt is one of the few and rare DF (double feed) bolts that Richard Lage for his Max-11 upper receiver. The bolt was made as an experiment. This modified bolt allows the use of modified DF Suomi mags in an M11/9. Double stacked, single feed magazines, like the PAM2/RO mags, could be adapted for the design.

This project was the result of a brainstorming thread by many members at Uzitalk.com. Suomi Drum / M11 (RO) Conversion - UZI Talk Forums We had a lot of fun on the Home Gunsmithing & Kit Building forum. A few of the members were working to create Suomi drum/ RO tower conversions and we wanted to take it a step further.

It is not for sale... yet. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Double Suomi Drum Prototype" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
1KPerDay
August 8, 2010, 10:32 AM
Wicked cool!

forindooruseonly
August 8, 2010, 11:03 AM
Awesome! I lurk quite a bit on the MAC part of the uzitalk forums, always enjoy seeing what you guys are up to.

PTK
August 8, 2010, 02:17 PM
I've seen you post this just about everywhere online, now. :)

Just from a standpoint of liking Kp31s and Kp44s, I hope this doesn't go into full-tilt production and eat up all the mags. ;)

strobro32
August 8, 2010, 03:26 PM
I am extremly proud of what we did and I'd like to share it with our friends. :)

I promise I won't come after your mags. :D

PTK
August 8, 2010, 05:00 PM
I have NO issue with sharing of that order, it's quite neat indeed.

...a certain Stemple 76W just lusts after mags, is all. ;)

LiquidTension
August 17, 2010, 02:13 PM
I miss my Max11 :(

taliv
August 17, 2010, 04:31 PM
wow

nice!

shotgunjoel
September 4, 2010, 07:04 PM
That must be murder on the mag release. Is the brass ejecting at different angles because of the two drums?

If you enjoyed reading about "Double Suomi Drum Prototype" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!