Springfield Holsters...

PDA

oasis618
August 10, 2010, 03:58 AM
Just wondering...does anybody actually use the holster or magazine holster that comes with Springfield XD's? It seems as though they could lower their MSRP's even if only by a few dollars if they didn't include these pieces of "gear".

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield Holsters..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sgt_R
August 10, 2010, 04:04 AM
Package deals, starter kits, all-in-one's, etc. have always been an effective marketing gimmick.

Customer: "I'm thinking about getting my CCW, which handgun would you recommend in the $500-600 price range?"

Dealer: "Well, the Glock, S&W M&P, and XDM are all fine pistols for what you're looking for. Any of them will get the job done, but the Springfield comes with everything you need right out of the box."

R

evan price
August 10, 2010, 04:12 AM
Springfield did just that, they now offer the XD "Essentials" package without all the XD Gear stuff.

BamAlmighty
August 10, 2010, 05:12 AM
i use the mag pouch, never used the holster.

harmon rabb
August 10, 2010, 05:34 AM
They're both worthless.

DeepSouth
August 10, 2010, 06:50 AM
I use the gun, they could have keep all the other junk....I mean "extras"

metalman8600
August 10, 2010, 12:50 PM
I really hate the fact that all that stuff is why the XDM case is the size of a briefcase.

josephbw
August 10, 2010, 01:45 PM
I tried the holster once, and promptly went out and bought a different one. I still haven't found one that I really like though. So my "gear" sets unused in the case, relegated to the bottom of my drawer with the dust bunnies and cracker crumbs.:rolleyes::D

Mudinyeri
August 10, 2010, 02:10 PM
I use the mag pouches. The holster can be mounted in a vehicle to secure your XD while driving. My thumb works better than the speed loader.

Sapper771
August 11, 2010, 05:43 AM
The holster works, but one would be better served with a quality holster, especially if you intend on carrying the pistol on a regular basis.

I have used the 1911 magazine pouch, and it worked well for its purpose. I wore it backwards(belt loops out), which tucked the mags closer to the body, limiting the "bulge".

harmon rabb
August 11, 2010, 05:51 AM
My thumb works better than the speed loader.

That's an impressive thumb you have, because that speedloader is actually a pretty nice one :p

Lucky Derby
August 11, 2010, 10:49 AM
Owned 2 XDs and never once used that junk. Springfield says it's an $80 value. I say fine either keep it and take $80 off the pistol or give me another couple of mags instead.

Lucky Derby
August 11, 2010, 11:03 AM
Owned 2 XDs and never once used that junk. Springfield says it's an $80 value. I say fine either keep it and take $80 off the pistol or give me another couple of mags instead.

Mudinyeri
August 11, 2010, 02:15 PM
That's an impressive thumb you have, because that speedloader is actually a pretty nice one :p
I load a lot of rounds.

Have you ever used a HKS speed (mag) loader? They're way better than the ones that come with the XD's.

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield Holsters..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!