Does anyone have some load data for Georgia Arms 44 Mag boolits

PDA

RVenick
August 10, 2010, 11:53 AM
Picked up some .429/200GR ROUND NOSE FLAT POINT boolits from Georgia Arms at the Tampa Gun Show Sunday. Has anyone loaded these? The Brinell hardness is 18. How fast can I push these.

If you enjoyed reading about "Does anyone have some load data for Georgia Arms 44 Mag boolits" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RhinoDefense
August 10, 2010, 03:42 PM
Just use lead data for similar bullet style and weight.

rcmodel
August 10, 2010, 03:47 PM
Lyman #49 has load data for 11 powders using a hard cast 240 RNFP.
Velocity ranging from 933 to 1,283 FPS.

Pick your poison.

rc

RidgwayCO
August 10, 2010, 06:13 PM
Hodgdon has some data online for a 200gr LRNFP bullet in the .44 Magnum with a variety of powders, but unfortunately it looks like they're limited to cowboy loads.

If you're just looking for some easy plinking loads, the Hodgdon web site has the 200gr LRNFP bullet paired with Trail Boss from 6.1gr (890 fps) to 7.7gr maximum (988 fps). The COL is listed as 1.570", and they tested with Rem 2-1/2 larger pistol primers and an 8.275" barrel. Always follow Hodgdon's (and IMR's) maximums when loading Trail Boss, as you really don't want to crush the donuts...

Wish I could be more helpful, but all of my 200 gr LRNFP bullets are destined for my .44 Specials... Now there I have got some data!

If you enjoyed reading about "Does anyone have some load data for Georgia Arms 44 Mag boolits" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!