CZ97B Grip Frame

PDA

millertyme
August 10, 2010, 08:24 PM
Is there a substantial difference in size between a 97B and a 75B grip frame? Anyone have experience with both? I found a guy who is selling his off pretty cheap and thought about adding it to the collection.

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ97B Grip Frame" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JTQ
August 10, 2010, 08:35 PM
Every time I go to a gun show or store and find a CZ 97, I always handle them. As soon as I put it in my hand, the first thing that strikes me is "that is one big pistol".

I own a 6" S&W 686, S&W 4506, and a 5" 1911. The CZ97 makes all of those seem small. It's not as big as a Desert Eagle, but it is still one big pistol. The CZ75 is rather slim and trim by comparison.

schmeky
August 10, 2010, 11:31 PM
millertyme,

I am a big fan of the CZ-97, but the grip is large. The easiest thing I can tell you is find a Glock 21 (not the SF) and feel the size (not the shape). This is going to be very close to the 97 grip circumference. If you are comfy with the 21, you should be OK with the 97.

BTW, the 97 is an outstanding shooter.

docnyt
August 10, 2010, 11:36 PM
I have small hands and the grip is hard to wrap around, with a long trigger reach.

schmeky
August 11, 2010, 12:31 PM
I posted this some time ago on the CZ Forum. Spread your shooting hand fingers as far apart as possible, particularly the little finger and thumb. Measure from tip to tip. 8.75" seems to be the minimum measurement for feeling comfortable with a 97.

My spread measures 9.25" and the 97 feels like it was poured into my hand.

Wishoot
August 11, 2010, 04:57 PM
I have a 75B and it fits my hands perfectly. The 97B feels like I'm holding a baseball bat.

Rittmeister
August 11, 2010, 10:51 PM
I like the 75 a lot. I like the 97 also, but I have large hands - I hope to own one someday.

If they made a CZ97 with a light rail (a la the SP01) I'd buy one as soon as I could. It would make an awesome HD pistol.

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ97B Grip Frame" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!