Wolf primers ok in Dillon 550?

PDA

Fatelvis
August 11, 2010, 05:54 PM
I have heard that Wolf primers are slightly larger than other primers and was wondering if anyone had problems with the large or small feeding in thier 550. Thanks!-

If you enjoyed reading about "Wolf primers ok in Dillon 550?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
EddieNFL
August 11, 2010, 06:14 PM
I've used SR in my 550 and LP in the 650 for about three years now; no problems. The size difference is noticeable when seating, but hasn't been an issue for me.

No problems using the K&M hand tool or the old RCBS bench mounted primer, either.

hydraulicman
August 11, 2010, 07:12 PM
yup just load some .45 auto with large wolf primers. on my 550b

dogrunner
August 11, 2010, 10:50 PM
Just finished a batch of .223 using once fired LC cases. Swaged the primer pockets & used Wolf's srp successfully. Primers DID seat a little tightly but not enough to deform them or leave the finished product out of spec in any manner.

Stuff works well in both my 16 and an M'2 carbine.

Fatelvis
August 11, 2010, 11:32 PM
Great, thank you Guys! Now its time to stock up on 'em while they're cheap!

emb
August 12, 2010, 08:11 AM
I did have a seating issue with LPs. We had been using Federals and out of habit I seated the Wolfs the same way. They were not fully seated so I ran them through a hand primer. You just need to be sure to add a little extra effort.

noylj
August 12, 2010, 02:39 PM
Since Dillon sells Wolf primers...

Fatelvis
August 12, 2010, 03:36 PM
Since Dillon sells Wolf primers...
Very good point! LOL

If you enjoyed reading about "Wolf primers ok in Dillon 550?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!