.357 sig home defense round

PDA

Blue55
August 13, 2010, 12:04 AM
Can someone please recommmend a dependable round that is safe enough to not worry about penetrating a townhouse wall? Glaser? Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about ".357 sig home defense round" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
faire bien de...!
August 13, 2010, 05:45 AM
I'd go with the Speer frangible rounds in 357 Sig. They are designed to fragment on impact with a solid object and would have the least chance of going through a wall. I'm quite positive that if you were to shoot someone in your townhouse they would still have a rather most unpleasant affect on your unwelcome guest. I don't think anyone would enjoy a bullet at 1350 fps vaporizing, so to speak, on a rib or collar bone.

Rokman
August 14, 2010, 09:34 PM
The Glaser or frangible bullet would probably be a good choice because a .357 Sig is going to have enormous penetration and would travel through many layers of drywall.

jim243
August 14, 2010, 09:47 PM
Yes, a 230 grain HP 45 ACP at 850 fps wide choice to choose from.

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about ".357 sig home defense round" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!