Cargo Pocket Carry

PDA

Highpower1
August 13, 2010, 07:34 AM
I just bought a KSF leather and thought I'd fit it onto cargo pocket carry. I'm quite pleased with the turn out of this. The NAA fits perfectly into the leather after I made a simple cut out of it. My Snody "Bailout" also fits in here like it was made for it. I really like this set up for a cargo pocket carry. I put my NAA .22mag and my Snody "Bailout" in this little rig.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cargo Pocket Carry" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
docnyt
August 13, 2010, 08:42 AM
Nice setup. Where did you get the KSF?

Highpower1
August 13, 2010, 09:06 AM
www.knivesshipfree.com

Great place with good prices and free shipping!

Deltaboy
August 13, 2010, 12:49 PM
Great set up for a NAA pistol and a fixed blade knife.

Joe Demko
August 13, 2010, 01:07 PM
That's a magnum frame mini, isn't it? What barrel length?

Highpower1
August 13, 2010, 01:46 PM
Joe,

Yes it's a NAA Mini .22 Magnum Mini-Revolver 1 5/8" Barrel. Overall Length: 4 3/4" & Overall Height: 2 7/8"

I also have a NAA .22 Long Rifle Mini-Revolver. It will fit in there as well (but wasn't as secure).

The Snody knife is a Custom Bailout knife. It is handground 2.5 inch ATS 34 blade with overall length of right at 6 inches.

The 22mag & Snody fits in the KSF like a glove. I truly love this combo.

Mudinyeri
August 13, 2010, 01:49 PM
How's the draw from a cargo pocket? I wear a lot of shorts and pants with cargo pockets, but haven't tried carrying in a cargo pocket. It seems to me that you would need to have the pocket buttoned/snapped to keep the holster from falling out when you sit or squat making it difficult and slow to get to your weapon.

Joe Demko
August 13, 2010, 01:50 PM
I like that too. The two smallish knives I have here that might be candidates for such a set up are a Becker Necker and a Razel Stubby. I'm having trouble judging from the pictures, though, whether either one would fit. I have a gut feeling the blades might be too wide on both, darn it.

Highpower1
August 13, 2010, 04:35 PM
Mudinyeri, I actually put velco closer on the cargo shorts. The buttons are there but are only sewn onto the flap. It looks totally natural, but yet I can' draw it quickly. Granted this set up is only a backup as I'm usually carrying a larger caliber firearm (usually my 38 S&W or a Sig).

Joe, I had a Razel Stubby. It would fit in this set up. I don't have a becker necker so i can't speak intelligently about this.

Joe Demko
August 13, 2010, 04:41 PM
Thanks, highpower1. I guess I can risk a few bucks to find out.

cleardiddion
August 13, 2010, 06:51 PM
Wow, never thought of a set-up like that!
I may have to have to get something similar to that sort of deal.

Highpower1
August 13, 2010, 09:38 PM
took it out and about all day today. it disappears in the cargo pocket. Very comfortable.

azyogi
August 13, 2010, 09:52 PM
Would this work for a mini mag with a laserlyte attached?

Thorgrim
August 16, 2010, 06:08 PM
I just noticed yesterday that DeSantis now has a version of the Nemesis holster set up for cargo pockets.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cargo Pocket Carry" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!