2x Aimpoint

PDA

Greg Koziol
August 13, 2010, 07:59 PM
i'd like to find an aimpoint 9000sc or 9000l in 2x with a 1 moa dot... jsut wondering if anyone has used any of these, and what they think about em. Does the magnification reduce FOV by quite a bit? does the magnification prevent fast target acquistion at close ranges say 50 yards or less

If you enjoyed reading about "2x Aimpoint" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rbernie
August 17, 2010, 06:42 PM
2x magnification is fine for close work, so long as the rifle fits you and 'points' naturally. As a frame of reference, the 'scout scope' was commonly described as a 2x-3x magnification optic specifically because that range was found to be useful from contact distance out to the practical limits of most rifles (and shooters).

Greg Koziol
August 18, 2010, 04:47 PM
I think i'm gonna go with a compc3 in 2moa, and get one of those 3x magnifiers down the road at some point. This way i can flip the magnifier out of the way if i want no magnification for quick shots and flip it back for longer steadier shots

If you enjoyed reading about "2x Aimpoint" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!