Coating a scope

PDA

Greg Koziol
August 14, 2010, 05:35 PM
just wondering if there's any way you could coat a scope or red dot sight with some type of truck bedliner or spray on fire-arms finish that does not require heat to cure. has anyone tried this? i've heard of this stuff called duracoat, do you need heat to cure it

If you enjoyed reading about "Coating a scope" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SlamFire1
August 14, 2010, 06:03 PM
And what pray tell are you desiring to do, walk on your scope?

If you just want to make the surface less slick, you can spray on this Plasti Dip stuff. I got mine at Home Depot.

Ladder step tape will also work. Very hard to find this stuff at the hardware store because they can't figure out where to shelve it. It is just as likely to be in any department as by the ladders.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v479/SlamFire/Misc/PlastiDipCansDSCN5283.jpg

Greg Koziol
August 14, 2010, 06:13 PM
lol no not an immediate project but just something to cover it from scratches and dings. maybe duracoat would work though i'm not sure because of the anodizing? Thanks.. thanks looks like a cheap and effective way to do it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Coating a scope" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!