Vortex, Millett, or Nikon

PDA

Gasitman
August 15, 2010, 06:55 PM
I want to get a nice long range scope for my M1A, I have narrowed it down to the Millett LRS 6-24, the Vortex Viper 6-20, and the Nikon monarch 5-20 or 6-24. Anyone have good or bad experience with these? I am not looking for my brothers uncles cousin read on a bathroom wall...... kind of stuff. I want to know if you have one, likes and dislikes.

If you enjoyed reading about "Vortex, Millett, or Nikon" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Walkalong
August 15, 2010, 10:10 PM
I have none of those, but if price was not an obstacle, I would buy the Nikon based on how nice the Nikons I have are.

The Vortex you list interests me because of price and Votex's reputation, but I have never looked through one.

Sure would like to hear from folks who own both the Vortex and the Nikon.

reloader492
August 15, 2010, 10:23 PM
Have a Millett LRS-1 on a Armalite AR50 and so far has performed flawlessly.Very clear optics and has 160 MOA total elevation.Once you subtract the sight in difference I was left with about 120 MOA.The AR50 has a 15 MOA base and with the scope 120 MOA I can shoot out past 2000 yards.Repeatability is dead on after about 100 rounds.Hope this helps.

ArtP
August 17, 2010, 12:25 AM
I bought a Monarch 4-16x42 for a target 243. I was dissapointed with the optical quality though it tracked and held zero well. I offed it on eBay. I know I'm in the minority on this. I replaced it with a Burris Signature Select that I am very pleased with though it was a little more money.

I'd be inclined to try the Millet or a Vortex from a store willing to accept a return.

If you enjoyed reading about "Vortex, Millett, or Nikon" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!