Redfield Binoculars

PDA

wamj2008
August 16, 2010, 01:38 PM
Anyone have any experience with the new Redfield binoculars, particularly the compact Rebel line?

http://redfield.com/binoculars/

I'm happy with their scope, just wanted some info before I dropped $150 on the 10x42 compact.

If you enjoyed reading about "Redfield Binoculars" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
August 16, 2010, 01:59 PM
No experience with them, but I would bet you they are at least as good if not better then any other brand in that price range.

Only thing I could say is, too bad they are not available in 8x42.

I have three pair of binoculars. Two are 10x and the other one is 8x.

I find I can hold the 8x steadier and get a clearer image then with the 10x ones.

The 10x are able to see .22 bullets holes on targets at 100 yards, but only if I bench-rest them to keep them from magnifying my shakes & jitters.

I can see the same holes with the 8x hand held.

rc

wamj2008
August 16, 2010, 02:17 PM
Thanks, after doing some reading I think I'll probably go with the 8x model. Lighter and cheaper and easier to hold steady. I'll be using it for hunting, range, and nosebleeds.

ArtP
August 17, 2010, 12:29 AM
I second the vote for 10x being too much. I own one pair of 10x and must steady myself.

If you enjoyed reading about "Redfield Binoculars" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!