After a short trip, do you say "hello" to your new rifle?

PDA

Ignition Override
August 16, 2010, 04:54 PM
This would never occur to me, but have read about it somewhere.

For example, "Are you sleeping well, Mr. Garand"?

If you enjoyed reading about "After a short trip, do you say "hello" to your new rifle?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
C-grunt
August 16, 2010, 04:58 PM
Yes I do. haha

rodensouth
August 16, 2010, 05:03 PM
I talk to cars, but no to guns. I hope they aren't feeling left out!

Mustanir
August 16, 2010, 06:11 PM
When I was a 6 years old my dad gave me a Diana 27, an old, spotted, refurbished THING.
I used to take it to bed with me under the quilt and told her stories of our future hunts.
Now I am more than 43 I have got a vault full of guns whenever I am tired I open the vault and smile at them,, and feel as if they smile at me as well (any of those frown only when there is a speck of rust),, close the vault and go to sleep.

Hatterasguy
August 16, 2010, 06:24 PM
Whenever I am bored I take some of my toys out of the safe and mess with them. Usualy thinking of various changes I want to make.

Al LaVodka
August 16, 2010, 07:19 PM
OK, I am rethinking gun control laws including all types of testing and National Registration...
Al

courtgreene
August 16, 2010, 08:52 PM
I don't talk to tools, I sure as heck treat them well and buy them things though. Maybe I could save money by just talking. That goes for my truck too. I guess I spend so much time talking to my beagle that I don't have much else to say to objects.

Ignition Override
August 16, 2010, 10:20 PM
Even if we just look at them (after being gone a few days), to make sure that they are comfortable, is that a sign of mental instability:scrutiny:?

TIMC
August 17, 2010, 12:00 AM
I never talk to my guns, the voices in my head tell to but I don't listen; well not most of the time! :eek:

armoredman
August 17, 2010, 12:42 AM
Ummm...no, I don't talk to them...sorry...

Purgatory
August 17, 2010, 06:11 AM
I guess I spend so much time talking to my beagle that I don't have much else to say to objects.

+1

That's GOTTA be better...................................................Right?? :scrutiny:

Joe Demko
August 17, 2010, 06:40 AM
I've been known to swear at them under certain circumstances.

Walkalong
August 17, 2010, 08:29 AM
I would talk to my old Blazer sometimes, and I dog cuss the computer on occasion, but I never talk to my guns.

44Dave
August 17, 2010, 09:24 AM
So... do they answer back?

Tirod
August 17, 2010, 09:53 AM
The consensus seems to be we talk when something disappoints us, but rarely if things are going ok.

That explains the typically dysfunctional American family quite well. :uhoh:

CraigC
August 17, 2010, 01:45 PM
I get attached to everything and treat my guns as princely as possible while still actually using them. They are not just a "hobby" but an integral part of my life. Shooting and hunting is "what I do". I see the value in $20,000 English guns and $5000 custom revolvers and lust after them constantly. I'd much rather enjoy the beauty of figured walnut, blued and case hardened steel than a cold and sterile stainless synthetic monstrosity. I spend untold amounts of money procuring them, feeding them and spiffing them up. However, I don't talk to or assign names or sexes to inanimate objects. Nor do I use cutesy nicknames like Remmy, Winnie, shottie, Bushy, Mossy, dissy, Annie, ad nauseam.

mattyizzo
August 17, 2010, 03:36 PM
I picked up my first gun (Remington 597) about a month ago. I have since named her Ethel, gone on 2 vacations and talked to her at least once a week. That includes 2 days at the farm.

Oh, Ethel.

Edit: Oh, and I missed her during both week-long vacations.

SwampWolf
August 17, 2010, 03:37 PM
No, but they talk to me. Always whining about being lonely and wanting more company. I think I'm what shrinks call an "enabler"-I'm always giving in to them. But they're never satisfied. :o

MoDerN_WarRioR
August 17, 2010, 07:05 PM
I like to sleep with my AR in my bed next to me. :) it keeps me warm and cozy (Or maybe its just the 115 degree heat outside...)

As well as I have talked to it plenty of times, Its like a girlfriend to me. LoL

I Got my shirt that says "I Love my AR15" and i wear it Proud and ALOT!

ScratchnDent
August 17, 2010, 10:00 PM
I just massage them with an oily rag. They like that.

madcratebuilder
August 18, 2010, 09:09 AM
Talk to my guns? No, but they do talk to me.;)

If you enjoyed reading about "After a short trip, do you say "hello" to your new rifle?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!