Help winchester 1400 mkII 12 ga. shotgun disassembly

PDA

str8tshooter
August 17, 2010, 12:12 AM
Help! I just bought a winchester 1400 mkII 12 ga semi, and the barrel seems as if it is either rusted or welded by heat to the receiver. I tried to follow the instructions and removed the valve cap and the barrel and fore-end are suppossed to just slide up and away to continue disassembly. I have tried penetrating oil, clp and just plain brute force to pull apart. It will separate about 1/8 to 1/4 inch and then won't budge any further. Does ANYBODY have ANY suggestions?:banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "Help winchester 1400 mkII 12 ga. shotgun disassembly" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mothernatureson
August 17, 2010, 03:25 PM
I have one i recently purchased, the forearm and barrel come off at the same time. its not like a remington 1100 where the forearm slides off, then the barrel. My 1400 is a real tight fit. have one person hold the stock, and the other pull on the barrel. it will come apart. Putting it together is tricky also. the forearm has to be on the barrel. good luck, there should be an owners manual at the current winchester.com website.

mothernatureson

rcmodel
August 17, 2010, 03:47 PM
Make sure the action is locked open or the bolt will be locked to the barrel extension.

rc

jimmyraythomason
August 17, 2010, 03:49 PM
Make sure the action is locked open I dissassemble two of them in the last two weeks and this is a must!

mothernatureson
August 17, 2010, 06:38 PM
actually the owners manual states to close the bolt bedfore removing barrel and forearm. I own two 1200 winchesters,and the 1400. they both break down with the action in the closed position. On re assembly having the bolt closed will help keep the ejector in the proper position for it to ride in the barrel extension. Just yank the thing apart. it will come. dont use any hammers or try to pry things apart.

If you enjoyed reading about "Help winchester 1400 mkII 12 ga. shotgun disassembly" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!