45ACP Israeli Military Idustries Upper

PDA

Hagen442
August 17, 2010, 10:54 AM
Need some help on a Project:
Anybody tried a Olympic 45acp Mag in a Israeli Upper that was designed for the
Uzi Mag with Welded Piece to fit the AR Magwell?
OR
Anybody have any Leads on source of the Uzi Mags ?

Any ideas would ne appreciated ?

Thanks in advance

If you enjoyed reading about "45ACP Israeli Military Idustries Upper" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Uncle Mike
August 17, 2010, 11:51 AM
I'm not sure what your asking about the 'Israeli upper'....

Olympic's 'new polymer' 45acp mags will work in their pistol mag caliber rifles, that originally came with the welded block magazines, but....OlyArms says there have been several instances where the 'older' pistol caliber carbines have experienced feeding problems when using the new polymer pistol caliber magazines.

The feeding problem stems from the feed ramp angle of the barrel, causing 'high feeding', if you have an 'older' pistol caliber carbine, and experience high feeds when using the new polymer magazine, return your firearm to Olympic Arms and they will re-cut the feed ramp angle for you, no charge! You will have to pay for the shipping/insurance.

BTW, I have several brand new, never loaded or used, still in the boxes, 16 round, steel, blued, 45 ACP, Uzi magazines and a couple 10 round 45 ACP Uzi magazines, in the same condition, I could probably be persuaded to sell!

Dimis
August 17, 2010, 04:21 PM
if you havnt started your project yet check out MGI or Bazooka Bros. or CNCguns

all three make full guns in .45ACP as well as lowers that use the M3 grease gun magazines (much more common) and BB has uppers from RNW xtreme that are not blowback like most other kits so the only thing really changed is the bolt face meaning parts replacment is alot less of an issue

Hagen442
August 18, 2010, 11:05 AM
Dimis
Thanks for the info, but I already have a 45ACP Upper with 2 16 Round MAgs.
I am looking for addtional Mags to be able to use this Set Up in the new IDPA
MultiGun Pistol Class.

Hagen

Hagen442
August 18, 2010, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the Help I found OLY MAgs today

TIMC
August 19, 2010, 01:36 AM
Uzi .45 acp mags will run you broke if you can find them. I have a 9mm/.45acp Uzi and in my search for .45 acp Uzi mags I found they run in the $150 a piece range. You best bet is to look for an alternative; I think someone used to modify grease gun mags for them.

If you enjoyed reading about "45ACP Israeli Military Idustries Upper" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!