Hunting fatality

PDA

Brad Johnson
December 10, 2003, 01:04 PM
An Odessa, TX man was killed while hunting when his friend's shotgun malfunctioned. According to the news brief, the "chamber exploded". I have been unable to get any more information as to what exactly happened. If any THR member in the Odessa, TX or Jal, NM area can help with info, maybe we can use it to help prevent tradgedies like this in the future.

See the news brief here. (http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/121003/reg_121003071.shtml)

Brad

If you enjoyed reading about "Hunting fatality" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ENC
December 10, 2003, 05:19 PM
I would have guessed obstructed bbl or wrong ammo, but since it was a shotgun I am curious as well.

TheeBadOne
December 10, 2003, 05:28 PM
20 ga/12 ga accident? (feeding a 20 ga shell in a 12 ga pump. The 20 ga shell falls down the chamber and lodged in the barrel. A 12 ga round chambers behind it, fires...BOOM)

Brad Johnson
December 11, 2003, 02:19 PM
Turns out the poor guy died from heart failure on the way to the hospital. According to a story update, the autopsy found that he had an undiagnosed coronary condition.

I'd still be interested in knowing why the gun malfunctioned.

Brad

If you enjoyed reading about "Hunting fatality" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!