Eastern Wyoming camo

PDA

dsass
August 21, 2010, 05:37 PM
Going on antelope hunt near Newcastle, WY in October. I haven't picked up any camo yet. Being from Illinois and hunting out of a treestand, I figure the usual leaf/limb camo won't cut it in open country. Is there anyone who hunts that kind of terrain that could make some camo suggestions for early-mid October? What pattern works? Or if there is a particular garment you recommend?

If you enjoyed reading about "Eastern Wyoming camo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
H&Hhunter
August 21, 2010, 06:13 PM
Prarrie Ghost cammo or.....For speed goats jeans and an earth tone shirt, brown or olive. You don't need cammo to hunt pronghorn with a rifle. Better yet wear a santa suit if you want to just don't skyline yourself and break your profile when approaching by crawling so the best investment you can make is a good set of knee pads and a pair of leather gloves to keep the cactus out of your hands and knees.

You could be wearing a ghillie suit and a portable blind but if you don't stay low Mr. S Goat is going to bust you anyway.

Oh yeah if you are hunting during the rut a White hankey will bring them running. Antelope repond to flagging big time during the rut.

Iggy
August 21, 2010, 06:51 PM
This is pretty typical terrain in eastern Wyoming but this in the spring time and it is green.:evil:

http://www.rockymountaintimberlands.com/images/2993.lg.jpg

http://www.rockymountaintimberlands.com/images/2994.lg.jpg

Those spots in the distance?
That is a budding new subdivision with a bunch of wannabe ranchers, seeking peace and solace in the wide open spaces.:cool:

gofastman
August 21, 2010, 09:28 PM
I lived in Laramie for a year. you should try dressing up like a fat ugly chick, you'll blend in perfectly :neener:

You could be wearing a ghillie suit and a portable blind but if you don't stay low Mr. S Goat is going to bust you anyway

they're really smart for overgrown rodents, hope you're a good long distance shooter.

If you enjoyed reading about "Eastern Wyoming camo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!