bought my first Russian M 91/30

PDA

husker
August 21, 2010, 09:15 PM
The trigger pull is long very long. but for $99.99
any tricks or tips & info would be much appreciated

If you enjoyed reading about "bought my first Russian M 91/30" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
brian923
August 21, 2010, 09:27 PM
Well, there nice rifles, and ammo is cheap... For now... The only thing I can say is buy lots of ammo and shoot the snot outta it!!! The trigger pull is long, but some break real nice. Moderate accuracy and good stoping power. 7.628x54R is a good hunting round if you can find it in a soft point loading. As to replacing triggers and aftermarket stocks, there are some, but I think there hard to come by. No real market that I know of for sporterizing and accurizing them. There split reciever kinda hampers there "benchrest" accuracy, but they can be good shooters. And that's just what they are. Have fun!! And post some pics!!

husker
August 21, 2010, 09:47 PM
i would like to cut the barrel down. its longer than my Kentucky rifle.

noyes
August 21, 2010, 09:53 PM
any tricks or tips & info

http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting2005/mosinnaganttrigger/index.asp

husker
August 21, 2010, 10:06 PM
Thanks. Looks like the trig is a very easy fix.

Gord
August 21, 2010, 10:32 PM
i would like to cut the barrel down. its longer than my Kentucky rifle.

Instead of ruining a gun, just sell it and buy an M38 instead. You can also find M44s a lot more readily, but the bayonet is a useless weight/handling detriment.

caribou
August 21, 2010, 10:43 PM
Try it "as is" before you do anything to it.
They have a very nice feel and looks just the way they are.
I think they ae more accurate than anyone is willing to admit due to their relatively inexpensive cost~~LOL!!!!~~

But then again, I havent met a Mosin I couldnt shoot straight.

If its brand "new to you", and you plan to use it, clean off as much cosmo as possible, including a solvent based chamber scrub to get every last bit of cosmo out of there. It can cause problems with extraction if its not all outta there.

Shoot some History. Look up what you have at mosinnagant.net and let us know.

I love milsurp ammo, and its corrosive, something easily brushed out with boiling hot water after every shoot. It dissolves the bore rusting salts and drys itself with its own heat.
Only takes a minute and dosent cost more than the oil and water at hand.
Then oil to protect and keep it forever.........

If you enjoyed reading about "bought my first Russian M 91/30" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!