The Unhijacked Remington shutdown thread.

PDA

Remington Employee
December 10, 2003, 04:20 PM
Well I would like first to thank you all for the words of encouragement .
If you have any questions, comments reguarding Remington Products or the current shutdown staus of the plant, I will endevor to answer them here.
I will not :

Re-fight the civil War

Address off topic questions

Or tell you where to go if you try to hijack this thread too! YOU WILL BE IGNORED!:fire:

If you enjoyed reading about "The Unhijacked Remington shutdown thread." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ysr_racer
December 10, 2003, 04:23 PM
So is Rem. still in business? I skipped the first thread.

Remington Employee
December 10, 2003, 04:30 PM
That is a good question....All I know is that all the foremen and some office personell are there at this time.
My feeling, and this is conjecture on my part is that they may be getting Remington ready to sell.
I , and 900 hourly workers are layed off until a start back date of 5 January, that date may change.

Rumor has it that the food service contractor was told their services wouldn't be needed until sometime in Feb.

Kooter
December 10, 2003, 05:04 PM
the Mayfield, Ky plant(the one that builds the 597 and the 710) closed for a couple of weeks at a time evey december. i think last year it was closed for 3 weeks, might have been the whole month though.

Parker Dean
December 10, 2003, 05:26 PM
Maybe this will give Donald Zilhka another chance at Remington. Found this site the other day. It might require tin-foil hats... :D

http://www.rense.com/politics5/colt.htm

The relevant paragraph:

There is everything in this story for a good novel. A rich Iraqi oilman/banker, from the richest Jewish family in America (I only include this as a point of interest...I'm hardly an anti- Semite as Aaron Zellman will attest to), attempting to control 85% of the world's arms market! Yup...one of those stories that's just too wild to be believable, but that's what's happening. Zilkha has already purchased SACO Defence. He tried, unsuccessfully to buy Remington. He's tried twice, unsuccessfully, to buy Fabrique National (which also owns Browning and Winchester). He recently tried, unsuccessfully, to purchase Vektor Arms, the largest military arms producer on the African continent. He's still trying to purchase Heckler & Koch, but I believe he'll fail in that attempt (and if you're interested let me know and I'll tell you why). He's also trying to buy S&W, which is also up for sale. He told me, personally, that he planned to control 85% of the world's arms market (with the rest being controlled by the Easter Bloc and China). Fortunately, I have personal relationships with many of these companies and I know that he won't be successful.

ENC
December 10, 2003, 05:31 PM
Sure hope you don't have to brown bag it through January. :D

I for one have always liked remington products. i am absolutly devoted to the shotguns. Most of my rifles are Savages

I hope everything turns out for the better

Evan

Jeff OTMG
December 10, 2003, 08:54 PM
That is an old article, S&W and H&K were sold some time ago, but I am sure that Zilhka would still be interested in Remington. How about the ammo plant in Lonoke, Ar? Are they closed as well?

If you enjoyed reading about "The Unhijacked Remington shutdown thread." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!