EAA Zastava PAP initial impressions.

PDA

CZ223
August 22, 2010, 09:04 AM
I got a new Zastava PAP because they were very cheap and looked like a good little rifle. I took it to the range and ran 80 rounds through it out to 50 yards. I was able to keep most of my shots in the 10 ring , with several in the X of a B27 at 50 yards.:) All shooting was done from a standing position. The gun shot very well. I am positive that I can keep most shots in the 9 ring of a B27 at 100 yards and mosts shot on the target out to 200 from standing. That is all I expect from a rifle like this. With a scope it might even surprise me.

The only problem that I had was that the bolt locked open on the next to last shot a couple of times. There was one round left in the mag and the bolt locked back. It was easily remedied by pulling back on the bolt and letting it go forward. I only have the one ten rounder right now but have a few 20's on order. I will bet that a different mag will probably solve the problem.

The trigger was a bit of a surprise. While it was a little gritty, I didn't clean the gun first, it was also pretty light. The first shot surprised me. While firing rapidly from the shoulder I was able to fire a few three round bursts that might have made you think that I was bump firing. What I was doing was simply controlling let off on the trigger to get the next shot off quickly. With a little practice I'll bet bet I can get pretty good at it.

All in all I am very happy with my new SHTF rifle.:D At $325 NIB I think it is a real steal. I had looked at a lot of the Romanian AK's that are available but they all looked pretty beat. The PAP is brand new, with a chrome lined barrel for those of you who think that is important. I didn't really think that I was gonna like the thumbhole stock, but I do. I don't really like the idea of mounting an opic on the dust cover but right now it is very tight so it may work out pretty well at least for the time being. Also, there virtually zero magazine wobble. The mag locked up very securely with almost no sideplay.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "EAA Zastava PAP initial impressions." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sv51macross
August 22, 2010, 10:28 AM
Those 20-rounders, are they normal double-stack AK mags? The PAP has a magwell that is notoriously difficult to open-up, as well you'll have 922(r) to worry about if you want to use those 10+ magazines.

If you enjoyed reading about "EAA Zastava PAP initial impressions." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!