Your daughterís M&P?

PDA

machine gun jenny
August 24, 2010, 06:57 PM
What things have you done to encourage your daughters to try shooting sports? My Dad owned firearms but was not an avid shooter. When I was little he taught me firearm safety and how to shoot the household shotgun for self defense against an intruder. I was greatly intimidated by the sound and recoil of the weapons.It wasnít until I met my husband and he took me shooting that I realized it could be fun. We shot 22 pistols, then revolvers, semi autos and then worked up to the dreaded shotgun. I felt great learning how to protect myself and others. Now shotguns are one of my favorite weapons to shoot.

We customized this for a client to give his grand daughter as a gift. We think heís gift is pretty cool and hope that she will enjoy shooting sports even more.

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx97/rebok87/pinkcamo008.jpg

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx97/rebok87/pinkcamo006.jpg

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx97/rebok87/pinkcamo007.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Your daughterís M&P?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sam1911
August 24, 2010, 08:02 PM
Mine has enjoyed shooting since 3 years old. Started out sitting in my lap with my hands over hers on the gun and her just pulling the trigger.

By seven she was pretty good on her own, even with the .44:

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc184/sam1911/Teaching-1.jpg

For me and mine, the issue is probably more that they will have so much access to shooting and the shooting sports that they'll eventually want to go find their own fields in which to excel. If they do want to shoot with me, I'll always be honored, but I'm trying to make sure that I never push those things on them if they'd rather spend time with me some other way.

taliv
August 24, 2010, 08:37 PM
that is an awesome looking AR!

after i saw what hso did for his girl, i built one for my daughter that's duracoated pink and purple with hearts and flowers on it... it's almost finished. i'll post pics soon

CZ223
August 24, 2010, 09:50 PM
at the ripe old age of five. As soon as she showed any interest in shooting I started looking for a a rifle for her. What I ended up with was a Ruger 10-22 that I cut down and had the trigger reworked. I bought many rifles for her over the next two years trying to find something she could shoot from the shoulder. About the time I had that figured out I started shooting Cowboy action. She shot my 45 Vaqueros at the age of nine. The next week I bought her a pair of Ruger 32 Vaqueritos, which I later had engraved. She still has them. I have cut down many rifles and shotguns for her over the years.. She is 18 now and I have an LCP for her as soon as she gets her permit. If she wanted an AR i would find away to build her one. Shelikes shooting my 1911's so I will probably give her one of those in the not too distant future. By the way, I also built her her first Cowgirl rig, Holsters and belt, myself.

DammitBoy
August 24, 2010, 09:55 PM
My daughter has been shooting since she was seven - she is now eighteen. She loves to go shooting and can shoot the eyes out of a parakeet at 300 yards...

philpost
August 24, 2010, 10:16 PM
I started taking my daughter to the range when we moved to Florida, then got her a 10 22 for her 10th birthday, and took her to an Appleseed in June.

Maj Dad
August 24, 2010, 11:22 PM
Four kids; 3 girls & a boy, 2 girls & the boy are shooters. Gave them their own rifles (22s to start, M14s, K98Ks etc later) when they were big enough to hold them, and the baby (17) got an M44US, a Remington 1100 20 ga skeet and a S&W 908. I would say that taking them to the range was (and still is) almost as good as spending the day on the lake on the pontoon fishing & running up & down the river & the lake. Maybe as good... you know - it's all good. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Your daughterís M&P?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!