Most effective RKBA poster... made me tear up

PDA

winstonsmith
December 10, 2003, 08:33 PM
Oleg, this one made me tear up

http://www.a-human-right.com/RKBA/hebrew_s.jpg

Due to my heritage, this one effected me very deeply. What are everyone elses favorite/most effective RKBA posters?

If you enjoyed reading about "Most effective RKBA poster... made me tear up" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
clubsoda22
December 10, 2003, 09:03 PM
<----jews in the house!

Yeah, i love all of oleg's "never again" posters.

natedog
December 10, 2003, 11:51 PM
Just curious, are the markings after "7.62" actually Hebrew for "Never Again"?

S_O_Laban
December 11, 2003, 12:15 AM
Natedog, yea I'm sort of wondering the same thing... anyone??

winstonsmith
December 11, 2003, 12:35 AM
I'm guessing its somehting like "Full metal jacket, blah blah grain." But the simple existance of the cartridges means "never again." Hard to explain

Ukraine Train
December 11, 2003, 01:18 AM
I like this one
http://www.a-human-right.com/RKBA/s_colors3.jpg

Stickjockey
December 11, 2003, 02:27 AM
I like this one:

http://www.a-human-right.com/RKBA/20years2_s.jpg

and this one:

http://www.a-human-right.com/RKBA/s_4children.jpg

as well as the ones about the government being the only ones trustworthy with firearms, with the WW2 Nazi backgrounds.

schadenfreude
December 11, 2003, 02:36 AM
I really like these two. (I'm not stealing his bandwith either) :D

http://www.lunitixx.com/temp/highroad/agency.jpg

http://www.lunitixx.com/temp/highroad/doors.jpg

artherd
December 11, 2003, 02:58 AM
winston, I'm hardly Jewish, but that's brought a tear to my eye as well.

geekWithA.45
December 11, 2003, 08:59 AM
Winston, I'm not even vaguely Jewish, but that one choked me up too.

BigG
December 11, 2003, 09:09 AM
Oleg: Is the top part of the poster the markings off an Israeli MG? I take the never again to be the MG itself? Thanks!

Jack19
December 11, 2003, 11:21 AM
Signature says it all...........

clubsoda22
December 11, 2003, 11:29 AM
the hebrew marking on the gun are just identification

"never again" refers to the practical use of the gun.

Oleg Volk
December 11, 2003, 11:53 AM
I finally checked printing costs. 500 posters at 11.5"x18" would cost $560. That would require picking one design for the whole batch. The other issue would be the cost of packaging and shipping those to people who ordered the posters. Seems to me that the best way would be to distribute them in batches of ten, to save on shipping hassles and costs (need to get an estimate on those). Best resolution for posters of that size would be at least 3600x4950 pixels to allow for image bleed...none-composite images I make are 2000x3000 pixels. As long as the text is vector-based, it will come out sharp and direct digital images can get away with lower resolutiont han film scans. Still, looks like Canon 1DS (11MP resolution) will be in the future if I get into making printed posters often.

I am looking at making 50 packages with ten copies of the same poster (need to look through "most popular image" threads and make sure the top choice is a high-res file) for about $30 per package. Would that be a realistic approach?

keyhole
December 11, 2003, 01:55 PM
Oleg-
It is kinda pricey, but considering the content, I would buy them, just to have one, and pass the rest to my friends. Did the same with the "Peace though superior firepower" pins.
Good idea.

The Undertoad
December 11, 2003, 02:57 PM
keyhole - yep, I did the same thing with the pins. I'd be interested at some posters - even if I have to buy 10, at $3 each that's a great deal. :)

Jrob24
December 11, 2003, 03:28 PM
The top word looks like Browning. I'm not sure about the bottom ones.

BigG
December 11, 2003, 03:33 PM
You gotta read it backwards. Except the 7,62 of course!

winstonsmith
December 11, 2003, 04:04 PM
3 years of hebrew, baby. Remember, it reads right to left. So it's something like:

Browning 7.62
Mahsee 2 Simuun A

Unfortunately they left those words out of my edjumucation. Hebrew vowels get a little.. interesting... in that they usually dont put them in, they just assume you know the word. So don't quote me on my choice of vowels.

Oleg, I would DEFINITELY buy posters.

shermacman
December 11, 2003, 04:52 PM
Oleg,

I am not Jewish. I am as old-line New England Protestant as they come...But religious persecution is why we came to America in the first place. So I may not have anything genetic in common with the Jews, but I sure do politically.

I happily paid silly money for a dozen Peace Through Superior Firepower pins. Count me in for a poster.

Travis McGee
December 12, 2003, 12:42 AM
Only the military and police need guns.

http://www.unitedhumanrights.org/photos/holocaust.jpg

Oleg: It might be more practical (even if it's a bit more per poster) to just make a file available for anyone to take to Kinkos or most any printer.

Piece of cake, they do posters from electronic files all the time, in any quantity you want. Just hand them a disc. Kinko's even has a website for holding files, so you can just upload the file from here to Kinkos. Then you go to the store, and they print them. Or do it all over the phone and just pick them up! It's a snap.

Matt

MicroBalrog
December 12, 2003, 10:17 AM
If anybody wants to know, the markings mean "Browning 7.62, No. 2, Mark A".

mephisto
December 12, 2003, 10:37 AM
Travis
That pic is one of the most haunting images ever recorded. No words are need to bring the impact of this picture.

Travis McGee
December 12, 2003, 10:57 AM
Mephisto: Yes sir, that photo tells the whole story. Anytime any fool says "only the military and police need guns" I want to show them that one photo. It's the end of the gun control road.

http://matthewbracken.web.aplus.net/snakelogo.jpg

ChickenHawk
December 12, 2003, 12:42 PM
schadenfreude
I love that "which is safer" picture. That's going to be my desktop wallpaper for a while!

Cheers,
ChickenHawk

keyhole
December 12, 2003, 05:03 PM
MicroBalrog

Thanks for the trans!

ElToro
December 12, 2003, 05:14 PM
i think that putting the images ina format that could be taken and each perosn could get his own posters made would be most effiecent.. unless you had more of a profit motive.

I'm not even remotely Jewish either, but why does it seem that mostly the christian right are the only ones that have Israel's back ? and to a greater extent USA is the only country that has their back? is the rest of the world that anti semitic ?

great posters Oleg

redneck2
December 12, 2003, 06:37 PM
hang onto your hat...may be a little deep

I think the real reason is that we are being separated into the "have's" and "have-not's". Jews have always been the winners. That is, most anything they do, they win at. Banking, business, jewlery, entertainment...etc. The Nazis hated the Jews because they were successful. Everybody elses misfortune was because the "dirty, underhanded, evil" Jews were stealing it from them.

Fast forward to September 11, 2001. Why do the Arabs hate us?? Because the "dirty, underhanded, evil" Americans stole it from us. I fail to understand why some kid in Afghanistan is living in a cave because of me, but that's their logic. 80% of what was formerly Palestine is part of Jordan today....but it's my fault that the Palestinians are living in camps.

Look at the liberals, the Hollywood and east coast snobby types (Kennedy, Kerry, Walter Cronkite, Babs Streisand, etc, ect.). It's not fair that some people should get ahead, when others that just aren't winners in life's lottery are left behind.

Not fair, just not fair...need to even the playing field...so, tax the most successful in society until everyone is the same (except me of course, because I'm an aristocrat). All you common folk should be held to the same level.

Think it's a exxageration??? Zero or nearly zero tax on two incomes in the 30k range, and 60% on people in the 100k range. Do the math.

winstonsmith
December 12, 2003, 09:55 PM
Bravo! That's the best explanation I have heard in a long time. And I never thought of the parallel to today...

grampster
December 13, 2003, 05:36 PM
I read a history of the Jews. My maternal grandfather was Jewish. It started with Abraham and progressed to the late 60's when the book was published. An interesting thought came to me after I had finished reading the book. That thought was that it appeared America was the only place throughout history where Jewish people came that a pogram was not instituted that resulted in their mass murder or wholsale deportation. Have isolated instances of anti semitism occured? Of course, but never genocide in America.

I then began to wonder why. It occured to me that because America was a free Constitutional Republic made up of, for the most part, immigrants living under the rule of law and that Jewish people felt more comfortable in assimilating into the local climate because of the resulting American culture. Sure, they had synogogues and even lived in neighborhoods together in some large cities and some even dress "funny". But many, if not most Jews spread out over the entire country and blended in, just like everybody else did. According to what I had read, almost everyplace else in the world where the Jews settled in the Diaspora, the Jews kept themselves apart and did not assimilate, but did become very succesfull which was previously mentioned in this thread. When tough times came they were envied and ultimately killed or kicked out because of their separateness and lack of assimilation. Not so in America. Again, why?

I think because America was a polyglot culture, a melting pot, where everyone could be a contributing member, the Jews could not become a wholesale scapegoat. That is the important point about American culture.
It is a culture that is inclusive not divisive. But you have to embrace it to be included. When you do, even though you can keep your history, your historical identity is no less real, but it becomes muted and secondary because you become an American.

That is the point that the Liberals, the Multi-culturists, the celebrators of diversity don't get. If we give up our American culture, we will certainly give up our Constitutional Republic eventually and we will follow the rest of the historicaly recorded world; we will become enclaves of suspicious and envious "diverse" groups of people who will also, eventually, be at war with each other. It will not happen suddenly. But there is today an erosion of the American culture because of political correctness and the elevation of "diversity" to a level that the word implies. We will become divided. Then the shtf just like it always does.

Think about it! Look around and see what is happening in our country and think about it again!

Sorry for being so windy, but I believe America is something special enough for me to want to be an American. Not an African-American, Mexican-American, Oriental-American, Native American, Euro-American, or any other hyphenated hybrid that is everything that it should not be. E Pluribus Unum. From of the many....one. We should celebrate that, for there has never been anything else quite as grand any where at anytime. Not perfect, but certainly grand. Amen.

grampster

BluesBear
December 13, 2003, 08:05 PM
AMEN Grampster.

I believe that when America was full of "Americans" that was out finest hour. But since we have become a nation of "us" & "them" we have fallen.

If each and every person living within our borders once again makes the choice to become "Americans" again then we will once again rise to the top.

"United we stand. Divided we fall." Does it get any simplier?

Combat-wombat
December 13, 2003, 08:46 PM
This one is currently my desktop background
http://www.a-human-right.com/RKBA/panther_s.jpg

natedog
December 14, 2003, 02:01 AM
Travis, I thought that that was such a striking picture that I made my first poster from it. Let's see....

Travis McGee
December 14, 2003, 04:24 AM
NATEDOG: Outstanding! Let me see if I can post it here:

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=662331

Bob F.
December 14, 2003, 03:35 PM
Outstanding posts!! Thanks!

natedog
December 14, 2003, 03:37 PM
I'm using Microsoft Picture it so I'm having some trouble centering the phrase "need guns" but i'll work on it :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Most effective RKBA poster... made me tear up" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!