How many rifles do you own?

PDA

blackops
August 25, 2010, 03:05 AM
Pretty simple, how many rifles do you own?

If you enjoyed reading about "How many rifles do you own?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wow6599
August 25, 2010, 03:10 AM
8....and hoping to find the funds for #9 - an AR in .204 Ruger

Ignition Override
August 25, 2010, 03:29 AM
Eight (now a Garand).

But remember, a huge govt. department with the HAL 9000 computer has a file for everybody's guns.
They realize that some careless people often put all their guns in a single boat, which sometimes sinks.
The files for them-more classified than the former East German Stasi's "geheime Falldateien" on its citizens-are then deleted.

CraigC
August 25, 2010, 05:04 AM
Not enough and too many. 25 at present and lots more to come.

NoAlibi
August 25, 2010, 05:19 AM
I lost the one rifle I owned in a boating mishap on the Intracostal Waterway near the Boca Inlet.

madcratebuilder
August 25, 2010, 07:58 AM
I've lost track. How about how many of one type?

gun guy
August 25, 2010, 08:11 AM
Some are Co-owned with my brother (estate deal) we grew up with them, see no need to apply direct ownership. For example an old heirloom black powder weapon, its been in the safe for decades we dont shoot it, dont plan to sell it, it just exists till another owner comes along. We both have guardianship of it, when one of us is gone, the other owns it, but only till they pass on, then it goes to my son,,and his sons, as it has thru the ages.

bikerdoc
August 25, 2010, 08:47 AM
5 not counting the one in the boat accident and the ones buried ( sorry mods could not resist the evil impulse to get silly.)

Legionnaire
August 25, 2010, 08:58 AM
More than I "need;" fewer than I'd like. ;)

MMCSRET
August 25, 2010, 09:38 AM
All of them, I do not have any leased or rented long guns in my possession.

wnycollector
August 25, 2010, 09:52 AM
I have 10 currently, but an AR was my most recent acquisition...those things are addicting! I'm already thinking about a lightweight KISS mid length build!

Dionysusigma
August 25, 2010, 11:21 AM
At last count, 142, not counting black powder.

Why is this a multiple-choice, non-anonymous poll? :scrutiny:

Robert
August 25, 2010, 11:22 AM
Some, not enough.

jmorris
August 25, 2010, 11:48 AM
Pretty simple, how many rifles do you own?

I have no idea. All I know is that my wife has more shoes (I think) and thats just not fair.

Legionnaire
August 25, 2010, 12:13 PM
... my wife has more shoes (I think) and thats just not fair. Depends. Unless you're talking rimfires, your rifles probably have more "kick."

Oceans
August 25, 2010, 01:27 PM
Boy I have to say, there seems to be a lot of nosey, personal question type polls of late on here, "how many handguns do you own, how many rifles do you own, how many rounds do you have put away" etc, etc. Howabout, "how much money do you have in the bank?, How much do you pay in taxes.... You know asking a Cattleman for instance "how many cattle do you have" is a very insulting question.

Hatterasguy
August 25, 2010, 02:12 PM
10, but I have only been collecting for a year, my collection is still growing.:D

USSR
August 25, 2010, 02:33 PM
Why not just put a sign out on your lawn as to what you own?

Don

August 25, 2010, 02:58 PM
Boy I have to say, there seems to be a lot of nosey, personal question type polls of late on here, "how many handguns do you own, how many rifles do you own, how many rounds do you have put away" etc, etc. Howabout, "how much money do you have in the bank?, How much do you pay in taxes.... You know asking a Cattleman for instance "how many cattle do you have" is a very insulting question.
Gee, someone needs to take a chill pill (or two) and don't call us in the morning.:rolleyes:

ccsniper
August 25, 2010, 03:16 PM
used to have around 20 but lost interest and sold a bunch, now I have 2 turkish mausers and a remington 512 .22

Ignition Override
August 25, 2010, 03:20 PM
That is interesting-our street addresses are now automatically included in our 'public profile'.:scrutiny:

Sgt_R
August 25, 2010, 03:28 PM
One. Though I'm always in the market for another, if the price is right.

R

Afy
August 25, 2010, 03:36 PM
Whats a rifle?

MinnMooney
August 25, 2010, 03:44 PM
I've sold all of my guns over the years. ;)

from Ignition Override :
That is interesting-our street addresses are now automatically included in our 'public profile'.

Huh!?! I hope that you were only kidding but you didn't have the 'wink' icon after your comment. I see that my address is NOT shown in my Public Profile.

Lincoln4
August 25, 2010, 03:54 PM
What, are you my wife?

Justin Holder
August 25, 2010, 06:48 PM
I count 14.

But I haven't made a dent as far as how many I want.

CoRoMo
August 25, 2010, 06:58 PM
Since this is a public poll, I won't vote. I'll just say that I own "several rifles".

stchman
August 25, 2010, 06:59 PM
Not enough!!!!

cbmax
August 25, 2010, 07:03 PM
More than a couple, less than 50.;)

August 25, 2010, 07:46 PM
The state police and the federal government know EXACTLY how many rifles I own. I've been fingerprinted and photographed more times than I can remember and my DNA is in a federal database somewhere. I could care less if a few thousand people know how many rifles I own. However, given all of the CIA deep cover operatives that frequent THR, I'd better give my answer in code! :what:

Maybe I should start another poll ... "how many passports do you have?" :scrutiny:

:)

Rokman
August 25, 2010, 08:28 PM
More than my wife knows about. Not enough in my opinion.

HOOfan_1
August 25, 2010, 08:38 PM
I'd better give my answer in code! :what:

there are 10 types of people in the world
Those who know binary
Those who don't

TexasPatriot.308
August 25, 2010, 09:53 PM
got enough and big brother monitors sites like this so I aint tellin....

52grain
August 25, 2010, 10:02 PM
I think that a much better question would be when you saw this thread did you just know how many you had or did you have to count?

PT1911
August 25, 2010, 10:08 PM
I think that a much better question would be when you saw this thread did you just know how many you had or did you have to count?

Good point... sadly, I had to count.. rifles, handguns, and shotguns... I have to count every time.

52grain
August 25, 2010, 10:15 PM
Good point... sadly, I had to count.. rifles, handguns, and shotguns... I have to count every time.

Don't feel bad. I had to count in my head. I suppose that's better than having to go to the closet and count.

RockyMtnTactical
August 25, 2010, 10:31 PM
Not enough... ;)

chicharrones
August 25, 2010, 11:42 PM
Gee, someone needs to take a chill pill (or two) and don't call us in the morning.:rolleyes:

If this was a private poll, it would be more entertaining to participate in. Being a public poll, at least our user name is attached to how we vote. It just feels intrusive, especially when the question is about what we own.

We do have the option to not vote, but I bet many voters don't realize that someone can see what they selected in a public poll like this. :scrutiny:

HOWARD J
August 25, 2010, 11:51 PM
I cleaned 12 today.
The rest I will clean some other day.........................
I have about 30 weapons---they sometimes can be a pain
taking good care of them.
I had 46--got to be too much so I sold 16.
As long as I don't think about it---it don't bother me.................:):eek::eek:

blackops
August 26, 2010, 01:42 AM
Funny people take offense, yet still make the time to post. If you don't like it, stay out,
pretty simple. That's my fault for making the viewing public. I should have realized some people would think it to be a little personal and I can see that side even though it doesn't bother me at all. I have 9, but 4 HMR's and 1 22 are in the mix.

Maybe I should start another poll ... "how many passports do you have?"

haha this seriously made me lol!

1858, I like the binary code. You always have something informative up your sleeve.

nwilliams
August 26, 2010, 01:47 AM
15 off the top of my head but I may be forgetting one or two.

August 26, 2010, 01:49 AM
1858, I like the binary code. You always have something informative up your sleeve.

Binary?!! I thought it was a zip code!! :scrutiny:

millertyme
August 26, 2010, 02:14 AM
Yeah, I'm not real fond of the inquiries as of late. I've even put off posting images for the same reason.

Geno
August 26, 2010, 10:27 AM
Seeings how my paranoia has calmed down, and the voices in my head already know how many rifles I own, I might as well participate. :uhoh: Besides, the CIA, FBI, HLS and others are probably looking at me through my computer's monitor, and so they know I have rifles. :scrutiny: My only remaining issues are that I am off of my medications while am on release from the institution. I do so miss the emotional comforts of that little padded room. Problem is, without the meds, the team of doctors advise me that I tend to become a sociopathic liar, bent on deceiving even the craftiest of minds as to even owning a firearm. Now, if I could just loose the sleeves of my straightjacket, I might more easily participate. <<pause>> What the Hades are you lookin' at?! Oops. My paranoia is settin' back in, so I best not participate per the advisement of the attorney voice in my head. :D I am really fortunate to have "in-house" counsel. :rolleyes:

Geno

22-rimfire
August 26, 2010, 11:56 AM
I have more than I can reasonably shoot on a given day. Most are 22LR.

NoAlibi
August 26, 2010, 02:00 PM
blackops:

"Funny people take offense, yet still make the time to post. If you don't like it, stay out, pretty simple."

This is a public forum and as long as I am civil and on topic neither you or anyone else is going to tell me to stay out...pretty simple.

Most of the posters on this thread, including myself, were good-naturedly telling you that this is a highly personal question and you may have overstepped the bounds of politeness. Others told you that you were just downright rude by posing a question like this.

As it was already mentioned, it’s almost like asking a person how much money they have - maybe even more personal for some. If a poster wants to brag or is proud of what he owns that’s okay too, but telling me and others to stay out is an altogether different matter.....Doc

BushyGuy
August 26, 2010, 02:15 PM
i have 4 rifles and 3 handguns.... more to come jan 2011

45B@cav
August 26, 2010, 02:19 PM
The wife says I have way to many but she is very supportive and keeps letting me buy more. I will refrain from giving a vote or a number but every time I think I've got every gun I want, I realize I'm lying to myself and we all know admitting you have a problem is the first step to quitting. Yeah right! It's the first step to accepting your sickness and buying more!

Rshooter
August 26, 2010, 03:36 PM
You have the right not to answer the poll, and let those of us who know big brother already knows we own weapons participate. :p

If you want to get personal how about how many personalities do you have? :what:

Arkansas Paul
August 26, 2010, 06:59 PM
Funny people take offense, yet still make the time to post. If you don't like it, stay out,

I'm with you there man.
I have 6 counting BP. Not nearly enough.

FROGO207
August 26, 2010, 11:40 PM
I am glad you did not put in any larger choices.:D Lets say MANY MORE than the local pawn shop has these days.:cool: BTW all are not stored at one location for reasons of fire/theft either. I have several tinfoil hats available for visitors when they arrive to talk current affairs over with me also.

sledhead76
August 26, 2010, 11:55 PM
These polls aren't very scientific, but it is interesting how the results are distributed, kind of an inverse bell curve.

If you enjoyed reading about "How many rifles do you own?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!