Another Frankenmauser

PDA

jimmyraythomason
August 26, 2010, 05:56 PM
I took out my Colombian based Mauser sporter in .308 Winchester to make sure the scope was still zeroed after sitting for 2 years since it was last used. It was off considerably but didn't take much to bring it back around. This is the last six shots. The upper 3 (just to the right of the tape)were fired at 100 yards from a rest. The lower 3 were the same after I had lowered the elevation by 4 clicks. Rifle is a hodge-podge of military and commercial parts. Scope is a Leupold VX-1 3x9x40 in Tally mounts. Ammo was Federal 150 grain soft point(cheap blue box)..

If you enjoyed reading about "Another Frankenmauser" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
john917v
August 26, 2010, 06:22 PM
Looks good. If you told me it was a stock factory-made rifle, I'd believe you!

jimmyraythomason
August 26, 2010, 06:50 PM
Thanks. For the money I have in it,I probably could have bought a Kimber 84M but what would be the fun in that? I would put my bluing up against all but the best out there.

If you enjoyed reading about "Another Frankenmauser" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!