Rem 600 bolt removal

PDA

thomis
August 27, 2010, 01:55 PM
Need help
whats the trick?

If you enjoyed reading about "Rem 600 bolt removal" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bobarino
August 27, 2010, 01:58 PM
I don't know about a 600, but if that was a type-o and you meant 700, there's a little silver button in the trigger guard, in front of the trigger in the "ceiling" of the trigger guard. push it up and pull the bolt out.

eastbank
August 27, 2010, 02:06 PM
on the rear left reciever where the bolt enters is where the release is. you will need a thin screw driver ot blunt knife blade and you you have to push down on the release tab between the bolt body and reciever as you withdraw the bolt,it a little tricky. but once you do it you will be ok. eastbank.

thomis
August 27, 2010, 08:06 PM
No, Bobarino, not a typo. It's a Remington Model 600 Mohawk. Circa 1971, I believe. I'm having a hard time removing the bolt. But I will look for the release you're talking about eastbank.
thomis

husker
August 27, 2010, 08:08 PM
pull the bolt almost all the way back slip a butter knife in like east bank said & hold the button down & pull the bolt out. GOD I LOVE my Mohawk 600 :-)

thomis
August 28, 2010, 12:17 PM
I love mine as well! It's in .243. I don't have it scoped right now. It carries so well this way and I can shoulder it and hit a bowling pin at hundred yards like clockwork. They are just damn good rifles.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rem 600 bolt removal" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!