S&w 22a

PDA

fatty
August 28, 2010, 09:51 PM
Anyone have an opinion on the 22 a. Thinking of buying one for my wife to learn on.

If you enjoyed reading about "S&w 22a" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wally
August 28, 2010, 10:48 PM
Its my favorite .22 pistol. I have the 7" fluted bull barrel model.

My top five ranking:

S&W M22A
Browning Buckmark
Beretta Neos
Ruger MkII
Ruger 22/45

Tilos
August 28, 2010, 10:54 PM
$199 at cabelas, what's not to like

REAPER4206969
August 28, 2010, 11:17 PM
I have ~21,000rds through mine with no problems other than common rimfire malfunctions. I highly recommend it.

DasFriek
August 28, 2010, 11:34 PM
I had one and loved it. My only complaint was the top rail can be kinda limiting in what you mount on it due to the groove placement.
Mine was very reliable and the easiest gun ive ever seen to take down and clean.
Accuracy was well above par also.

I know own a Ruger MKIII 22/45 as i missed the .22a after i sold it.
Not much difference in the two guns but the Ruger is a PITA to take down for cleaning.

The Ruger will hold a better resale value imo and usually more desirable when used.
But the S&W is on par cheaper depending on where you live, But for me its about a $10 difference in the 2.
Also there is absolutely NO aftermarket products or upgrades for the S&W, What you buy is what you will ever get unless you make it or fine tune it yourself.
That was why i went with the Ruger, It has a large after market.

Put a $30 30mm cheap red dot from Tasco or Barska or Tru-Glo and the gun will shoot very nice groups at 75' with no magnification.

I will say ive never owned a Buckmark, But i do feel they are better than either the S&W or Ruger. They seem to have a better solid feel to them.

Steve 48
August 29, 2010, 05:22 PM
I have Rugers, Walthers and Brownings and I still pick up the 22A.

ABTOMAT
August 29, 2010, 06:16 PM
I can get a 22A with cosmetic issues for $125 or less. Deal? It has a silver upper with a fairly long barrel.

fatty
August 29, 2010, 07:07 PM
Thanks all for your opinions. Sounds like a good gun for the money.

If you enjoyed reading about "S&w 22a" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!