Help me decide which to trade for!

PDA

SgtCuts
August 29, 2010, 03:06 AM
Ok I am going to trade my LGS my M&P9c for a 380 or 38 I am looking at either the walther PPK/s or the smith and wesson model 638 for a good carry gun what do you guys think which one would you go with. If you pick the other category please post what other small $400-$600 dollar gun you would consider! Thanks for the input guys and gals!

If you enjoyed reading about "Help me decide which to trade for!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tenacious B
August 29, 2010, 03:34 AM
What do you consider small and how do you plan to carry the gun?

For pocket carry, I'd go with a J-frame (like the 638) or the Ruger LCR.

For something slightly larger there are plenty of options from the small Glocks, SR9c, Kahr. For a small auto loader you can take a look at some of the 9x18mm Communist block surplus guns like the CZ 82, P64 etc, they're reliable, accurate, and cheap.

SgtCuts
August 29, 2010, 03:38 AM
I like something that is SA/DA I have tried all the subcompacts from all the major manufacturers like Glock, Smith & Wesson, Springfield, as well as the pk380 which was closer to what I am looking for something single stack thin and no larger than say the pk380 I had shot. If I were to get the 638 I would def add the hogue monogrip seen here--http://www.hoguestore.com/images/products/60000L.jpgBecause I want something that I can fit my pinky finger on I hate when that finger hangs off.

madwell
August 29, 2010, 05:45 AM
I carry a 638 so thats what I voted for. I havn't had any problem with mine. Not the easiest gunt to shoot i would say shoot them both if you can.

PX15
August 29, 2010, 09:47 AM
JMOfartO:

I've had a pile of snubby's over the years, and the wide smooth target that comes on the S&W 638 Airweight Bodyguard is the best of 'em by a mile. :)

My 638 has a Crimson Trace Lasergrip, and it's awesomely accurate at any reasonable self defense range..

It's just:

"Place the red dot where you would like a hole to appear, pull the trigger 1-5 times, and like magic an equal number of holes will appear at that location. :D

Best Wishes,

Jesse

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/Laserlips/100_6347.jpg

handloader357
August 30, 2010, 12:39 AM
I've always liked the wheel guns, and I'm actually selling a PPK/s tomorrow. I've already got plenty of wheel guns so will probably be picking up a XD 45 to replace the PPK/s. I always had a thing for PPKs, but once I actually had one it really didn't do anything for me.

loadedround
August 30, 2010, 08:43 AM
I have owned a PPK/S and a PPK over the years and while they are very well made pistols and fairly accurate, the PPK and S are much too heavy for caliber and do not carry comfortable for complete concealment. I traded them both odd and finally ended up with a Ruger LCP for every day carry. No comments on the other two firearms since I have not carried or shot them.

If you enjoyed reading about "Help me decide which to trade for!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!