Troy Folding Battlesights???

PDA

sirus187
August 31, 2010, 03:42 PM
So I recently bought the Troy Folding rear Battlesight in black. I am a bit suspicious because instead of having a P/N # it has Cage Code 3EZ11. They look and feel real, but does anyone know if they are fake? The SKU on the package is SSIG-FBS-R0BT-00 with a bar code of 812699010709. It also has Lot# KE-5353. Any info would be great.

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Troy Folding Battlesights???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zak Smith
August 31, 2010, 04:37 PM
Why don't you call Troy?

sirus187
August 31, 2010, 04:57 PM
I tried, but the tech support guy has been away from his desk all day. Last time I called he was away shorty to go to the airport. :banghead:

sirus187
September 1, 2010, 02:54 PM
Just talked to a tech from Troy. They verified that it was genuine and that it was manufactured in 2010.

JimC
October 31, 2010, 11:32 AM
Just talked to a tech from Troy. They verified that it was genuine and that it was manufactured in 2010.

Did the tech offer any explanation as to why the difference in #s on the sight?

I just brought this RS thru Brownells and mine is marked Cage Code 3EZ11 instead of P/N 1614001-2 shown in their pic which is the same pic on the Troy Ind. web site.

And before anyone again suggests the obvious, I have an e-mail into Troy and Brownells asking why the difference in markings.

Creature
October 31, 2010, 11:45 AM
Cage code is the Commercial And Government Entity (CAGE) Code is a five-character ID number used extensively within the federal government. A CAGE code identifies the manufacturer of the part. Cage code items may also have a P/N associated to them identify the specific part that the CAGE code identifies as the manufacturer.

JimC
November 1, 2010, 01:58 PM
This is the response that I just received from Troy Ind.

Good morning,

It is the correct sight. The new logo for our sights has been changed to the cage code, instead of the P/N, to curb the amount of fake sights we have been seeing. Sorry for the confusion. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Works for me and now I know that my RS is not a fake.

hadmanysons
November 6, 2010, 08:54 PM
Sorry, I just saw this or I could have answered it for you a while ago. Like Creature said, CAGE code is the government supply systems way of identifying manufacturers. Some companies can have multiple cage codes. The NSN (National Stock Number) is a unique number assigned to each order-able item in the supply system. I'm sure the sights have one but I can't seem to find it.

zoom6zoom
November 6, 2010, 09:05 PM
The new logo for our sights has been changed to the cage code, instead of the P/N, to curb the amount of fake sights we have been seeing.
Until the counterfeiters start putting that number on, of course.

If you enjoyed reading about "Troy Folding Battlesights???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!