Like the Glock 26?

PDA

naalover
August 31, 2010, 03:56 PM
I just purchased a Glock 26 for concealed carry, and I'm completely satisfied with the little pistol. With 11 rounds of 9mm on board, I feel I can handle just about anything that comes my way.

I've been carrying a Glock 17 around for about a month, and the second I slipped the G26 in my waistband holster, there was immediate relief. The grip on the Glock 17 is very long in order to accommodate so many rounds, and it's not practical for me to carry everywhere every day.

I went mountain biking for over two hours yesterday with the little G26 in my waistband, and I could hardly tell it was there.

I've made a video of the little gun compared to the G17:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhVRM_WpoHo

If you enjoyed reading about "Like the Glock 26?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
88 Cutlass
August 31, 2010, 04:01 PM
I love my Glock 26, probably my favorite gun I own.

FastMover
August 31, 2010, 04:02 PM
I have a G27 that gets carried almost every single time I leave the house. Glad to hear it's such a good fit.

Nushif
August 31, 2010, 04:49 PM
I was talking to the wife the other day and we agreed that the G26 right now is kinda my main gun. Everything else sees little to no range time.

bds
August 31, 2010, 05:00 PM
My G27 (same size as G26) is my go-to pistol that goes everywhere with me. I have a co-workers who runs with a G26 and she says she can't hardly tell it's there.

THE MACHINIST
August 31, 2010, 05:16 PM
ive owned and traded 3 of them, i love them very accurate and compact.

DustyVermonter
August 31, 2010, 06:52 PM
One of the best pistols in the world IMO, I carry mine everywhere.

Rides perfectly in an Uncle Mikes IWB rig.

gofastman
August 31, 2010, 06:57 PM
I love my buddy's 26, its such a great shooter!
I'm getting rid of my PF9 (It's just no fun to shoot:() for a Taurus 709, if I can not get that to work for me ill pick up a 26, I just wish they were a tad slimmer.

breacher
August 31, 2010, 11:30 PM
try these on your mags in place of the stock base plates.
http://www.concealablecontrol.com/advantage.html
you'll like it even more. they don't add any length to the butt and make a big difference- at least on my 'fistfull of fury' Glock 33

naalover
August 31, 2010, 11:57 PM
Thanks breacher! I've taken a look at those and they look very functional and useful. They're pretty inexpensive too.

AKElroy
September 1, 2010, 12:47 AM
G27 goes wherever I do in a Desantis nemesis pocket holster; full sized g22 mag in the off pocket topped off. Helps balance the load & keep the pants from tracking diagonal. Awesome design, works, and ugly as a mud fence. You know, Glock.

CPshooter
September 1, 2010, 12:51 AM
The Glock 26 is the one Glock everyone should own. Such a small package with controllable recoil and 9mm firepower.

Sgt_R
September 1, 2010, 12:53 AM
Love my G27, but I shoot the 9mm a little better than the .40. A G26 is on my short list.

R

Sapper771
September 1, 2010, 08:55 AM
I love mine. It sees most of its time as my on duty back up gun. Accurate and enjoyable to shoot.

joe_security
September 1, 2010, 09:36 AM
As I have posted before, check out the factory 12 round mag for the G26. It comes with the +2 thingy on the bottom. Several family members bought these and remarked how it really makes a great pistol better. For some reason, these G26 pistols tend to be the most accurate Glocks .

iblong
September 1, 2010, 10:14 AM
I bought one this spring to try for summer carry,Didnt want to sweat all over my colt 1911 again this year.Its a blocky,fuglly little thing and an amazing little pistol.Iv'e carried every day this summer with little notice.
Its a very,very accurate short barrel.

ForumSurfer
September 1, 2010, 10:21 AM
I bought one this spring to try for summer carry,Didnt want to sweat all over my colt 1911 again this year.Its a blocky,fuglly little thing and an amazing little pistol.Iv'e carried every day this summer with little notice.
Its a very,very accurate short barrel.

Same reason that I bought my 19. Well that and I feel better about working in the yard or getting hit with water (sometimes salt) when I'm wearing the glock, I don't have to detail strip it as often.

Deaf Smith
September 1, 2010, 10:06 PM
As I have posted before, check out the factory 12 round mag for the G26. It comes with the +2 thingy on the bottom. Several family members bought these and remarked how it really makes a great pistol better. For some reason, these G26 pistols tend to be the most accurate Glocks .
They say it is so accrurate because of the short barrel lockup is tigher and the gun has to recoil back a bit farther before it unlocks from the slide.

All I know is mine allow me to do consistant 25 yard head shots, standing, firing two handed, on IDPA targets.

And that's not bad at all in my book!

Deaf

gofastman
September 1, 2010, 11:15 PM
They say it is so accrurate because of the short barrel lockup is tigher and the gun has to recoil back a bit farther before it unlocks from the slide.

All I know is mine allow me to do consistant 25 yard head shots, standing, firing two handed, on IDPA targets.

who says that? sounds a little fishy to me...
I agree its a tack driver though.

gym
September 1, 2010, 11:26 PM
Best all around gun I have had period, and I have had a lot of guns. When I was younger it was the 30, but it's just a little bulky now at 62. The 26 is perfect. I used to carry a commander for years, but things change, and we didn't have the choices way back when that we have today. It was either a revolver or a ppk's till the late 80's early 90's. You can't beat a 20 oz pistol with 10+1 rounds and a 15 or 17 round reload mag.Even the M&P, compact or the sr9c, make life a little bit easier.

gbran
September 2, 2010, 12:33 AM
These are my small carry pieces. The G26 is my favorite.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/gbran/100_0145.jpg

ET
September 2, 2010, 01:34 PM
Love my G27, but I shoot the 9mm a little better than the .40. A G26 is on my short list.

Just get a 9mm conversion barrel from Storm Lake or Lone Wolf. I bought one a while back and it works 100% using the standard Glock 9mm mags. I like it because the barrel is thicker when you set it up this way (because it has to fill the bigger 40s&w hole in the slide). Thicker barrel doesn't heat up as fast & is stronger. Plus you can shoot un-jacketed bullets if you want because it is a stainless barrel with standard grooves. Just a thought...

jkulysses
September 2, 2010, 02:24 PM
I'm torn between the 26 and the Ruger SR9c. Well at least I was torn and I was actually going to go with the little Ruger until one of my employee's said he wants to sell his 26 for $350 and he bought it brand new less than a year ago and has maybe 300 rounds through it so I think that's what I'm going to go with. Great little guns and I actually shoot a little better with the 19 but I'm hoping with that finger extension I'll be able to shoot the 26 just as good.

ForumSurfer
September 2, 2010, 02:26 PM
sell his 26 for $350

Buy it! Then re-sell it if you don't like it. You should have no trouble getting 400-450 out of it.

jkulysses
September 2, 2010, 02:48 PM
Buy it! Then re-sell it if you don't like it. You should have no trouble getting 400-450 out of it.
Plus it won't be registered in my name which is always nice!!

ET
September 2, 2010, 03:04 PM
Plus it won't be registered in my name which is always nice!!

ALL of my guns are registered with the manufacturers in my own name.:(

piece of meat
September 2, 2010, 04:18 PM
i wanted a 26, but tried one out at the range first.

couldnt hit a damn thing. not saying there is anything wrong with the gun, but i personally could not shoot it worth a crap

Ben86
September 2, 2010, 04:33 PM
It's a good gun. But, I don't like how the grip is both short and fat. I just don't feel I can get a good hold on it, and I don't believe in grip extensions (just get the full frame then). I don't have small hands, but the gun just doesn't feel right to me. I can deal with fat and long and short and thin, but short and fat just isn't right for me.

MisterMike
September 2, 2010, 05:54 PM
It's my favorite Glock. I usually carry the G26 or my Sig P238.

Rokman
September 2, 2010, 07:17 PM
I share the love for the G26.

kybandit
September 2, 2010, 08:02 PM
Superfine, superfun pistol!

Deaf Smith
September 2, 2010, 08:33 PM
who says that? sounds a little fishy to me...
I agree its a tack driver though.
Long time ago Massad Ayoob wrote about the 26 and its accuracy. He mentioned that as a possibility as to why it was so accurate.

Deaf

AKElroy
September 3, 2010, 10:07 AM
Long time ago Massad Ayoob wrote about the 26 and its accuracy. He mentioned that as a possibility as to why it was so accurate.

+1. My G27 regularly outshoots my "match" barreled XDm; sold the Springer.

jonboynumba1
September 3, 2010, 10:41 AM
I just traded into a nice like new G26 myself...I think it's around the 14th. (roughly) GLOCK I've owned...I've shot the 26/27 before but never owned one till now...I always said they didn't really fit me but I loved how they carried. Well this one already had a 3.5# connector and slide stop extension and two pearce +2 extensions on the mags. It fit my hands great (better than a 19/23) I've been wearing it a few days now...I think I've found my ultimate warm-weather CCW in this setup. The first finger groove in the 19/23 is abbreviated and is what make it not fit my big fingers well...one the 26/27 it's full sized...they just stop at two finger grooves on the gun. With the pearce +2 the FRONT of the grip is the same size (roughly) as the used area on my G21SF!! (FULL SIZE and then some!) but it tapers to the back for maximized concealment nicely and of course the slide and barrel are shorter and lighter than the 19/23.

I carried it to the range for a box when I got it....like all GLOCK's I've owned it shot point of aim and very well. I have to shoot it some more this weekend but fist sized groups at 15 yards are a simple matter offhand...and that's good enough...I have a feeling the gun is certainly capable of better...I just ran a box through it and left but every group was combat accurate....I think when I get used to the extra flip it will tighten up some more....very happy though...I think the wife is going to want one next...though she really likes her PF9 and XD9 4" combo. If I can sell her on the 26 I'd like to upgrade her from the keltec. We'd both looked at the PM9 and PM45's from Kahr...price being a stumbling block...but after toting the 26 the PM9 just seems even more overpriced comparatively.

In short I always said if you added a grip extension to a 26/27 I'd just have a shorter bbl. 19/23 so why bother? As it turns out if you have big fingers/hands it's actually more roomy that way than the 19/23...live and learn. I can't BELIEVE it took me this long to realize that!....with all the GLOCK's I've owned and shot. Oh well...add one more piece of combat tupperware to the collection! ;)

frankge
September 3, 2010, 11:01 AM
almost bought the G26 but went with an XD-9c for carry. It was real close. Zero probs with the 9c. I just picked up a G36 single stack .45 and really happy with it. The single trigger safety was the reason the first time. I've seem to gotten over that. I like .45s

sxshep
September 3, 2010, 11:09 AM
For over a year, my M&P 9mm Compact was my primary EDC gun... then I came across a Glock 26 with night sights, 3 holsters and 4 mags for $350.

Took them both to the range, debated for a long time which one I preferred, and I ended up keeping the M&P9c. Couldn't get used to the Glock trigger, didn't like the ergonomics and couldn't get over the feel, wasn't as fun to shoot.... all of which are my own subjective, personal opinions and are not meant to be huge criticisms of the gun.

Then I found a good deal on a Kahr PM9 + Crimson Trace, so I sold the M&P9c. Both the M&P9c and the Glock 26 make EXCELLENT carry weapons, though I like the lighter, smaller Kahr PM9 for daily carry.

I made a few comparison videos of the M&P9c vs. Glock 26, but here's a short size comparison video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu1iRSYyA0w

CDR_Glock
September 3, 2010, 11:13 AM
What I like the most is that the Subcompact Glock accommodate for the for Compact and Standard sized pistols. I like having the same platform for the ease of similar ammo, magazines and holsters.

The 26 is a great choice.

bri
September 3, 2010, 07:49 PM
Yes, I like it very much.

I'm just as accurate with it as my G21, good enough for me!

Karate
September 3, 2010, 11:34 PM
My favorite carry gun

ironhead7544
September 4, 2010, 11:17 AM
Been carrying one since they came out. Bought it as a BUG to my issue G17. Added the Glock +2 mag bottom and now cant think of a better CCW gun. Use the CorBon 115 gr that goes 1260 fps from the short barrel.

dairycreek
September 4, 2010, 04:35 PM
I am not a Glock fan but I must admit that they "hit the nail on the head" with the G26. It is a superb carry gun. However, having said that I think that the G19 is an even better choice because of its much larger magazine capacity. They are virtually the same weight with the G26 having an empty weight of 19.75oz and the G19 20.99 (using Glocks stats).

dogtown tom
September 4, 2010, 06:48 PM
dairycreek: ...I think that the G19 is an even better choice because of its much larger magazine capacity. They are virtually the same weight with the G26 having an empty weight of 19.75oz and the G19 20.99 (using Glocks stats).

The G26 can use the same 15 round mag as the G19 as well as the 17 rounder from a G17. There are aftermarket adapter "collars" that make a nicer grip when using the larger cap mags.

Quite a few folks carry the G26 with a 10 rounder and a 15 or 17 rounder as a spare.

psp7304
September 5, 2010, 02:27 PM
The more I shoot my G26, the more I'm amazed by its accuracy. I love this little gun.

fastbolt
September 5, 2010, 02:56 PM
While there are other small compact & subcompact 9mm pistols I like better, I have a lot of respect for the G26.

After taking my first Glock armorer class I felt I ought to own a Glock (reasonable excuse to pick up another gun ;) ). After many years of shooting different Glock models my choice was the G26. I was only going to use it for occasional off-duty usage, after all, and I already had other larger pistols I preferred to the compact & full-size Glock models.

It's been a fine smallish 9mm pistol. I also picked up a G27 and have tried to balance my shooting evenly between them (having exceeded 10,000 rounds through each). I still prefer the G26 to the G27, all things considered. In fast paced, demanding courses-of-fire which involve movement, multiple targets (threat & non-threat), the use of cover and switching among 1 & 2-handed and dominant/non-dominant hand shooting grips, I find the G26 easier to shoot well than the G27, even when using +P and +P+ loads.

I happen to like Glocks best when chambered in 9mm, and my favorite of the model line is the G26.

Not everyone may be able to shoot it as well as the larger G19/17, though, which is understandable. The shortened grip, with its somewhat fat girth, isn't for everybody. My 3913, CS9 & SW99 9c have much better ergonomics, for me, for example, but I can certainly make do with the G26. I also happen to think the M&P 9c is an excellently balanced pistol of similar size which has the advantage of replaceable grip/palm swell inserts.

Just depends what an individual owner is looking for, I'd think.

EVIL
September 5, 2010, 04:23 PM
GLOCK 27 is my go to carry! - summer or winter. I carry it in a Crossbreed super tuck - in which it melts away on my frame. I have been using this rig for over a year and I am not switching any time soon - perfect balance between ease of carry, firepower, "shootability" and accuracy. I may get another G27 as a BUG to carry weak hand or shoulder holster. I like the idea of cartridge/mag commonality between primary carry weapon and BUG. Next up is a 9mm conversion barrel and 9mm mag though.

CTGunner
September 5, 2010, 10:11 PM
Yes, the Glock 26 is a fantastic gun.
Reliability: 10+ My Glock 26 has never failed.
Accuracy: 9, My Glock 26 is just as accurate as my Glock 17.
Conceal & Carry: 8 It's easily concealed. It's not a Ruger LCP but it's easily concealed with a good holster.

My only issue is that with a deep concealment holster it is a little difficult to get a good grip on the draw. The magazine interchangeability is another great feature.

My 'go to' handguns are the Glock 17 and Glock 26. It's a great combo.

bds
September 5, 2010, 10:51 PM
EVIL:
Next up is a 9mm conversion barrel and 9mm mag
EVIL, although my G22 requires G17 mag to feed reliably, my G27 shoots 9mm through Lone Wolf conversion barrel just fine with the factory G27 mags - the mag follower angle is sufficient on G27 mags.

Try it first before you buy the 9mm mags - as long as the follower is in good shape, it should feed reliably.

EVIL
September 6, 2010, 05:59 PM
thanks bds...I'll try 9mm with the 27 mags, you just saved me $25 :)

twofourthree73
September 6, 2010, 09:10 PM
I have a g19 and 26. The 26 is a great gun and shoots just as well as the 19. I had it out today in fact and was able to ding an old wheel rim I use as a target at 100 yards. The 26 is just so easy to carry. No one knows it's there. I carry in a Comptac-Mtac with an untucked t-shirt and it disappears. Was hanging out with good friends last night at a local carnival. They are the type that would say something if they saw a gun on me because they aren't the carrying types and they don't know I carry. They never knew.

Accuracy, good capacity, light weight, and disappears. I love it. I still like the g19, but if I could have only 1 it would be the g26.

chineseboxer
September 7, 2010, 04:39 AM
I was all set to buy the G26, and found a G27 (early generation) for $295.00. Already had night sights on it and the owner of the store had a special going so I landed it for 250!! The gun couldn't had more than couple hundred rounds thru it, in fact the first 2 mags gave me some trouble but by the time I put 200 rounds thruit and ever since it has been flawless. Threw my lone wolf barrel from my g23 in it and used the G27 mags to shoot 9mm without a hiccup as well. Still would rather hve the G26, but this deal was too good. Carries great in my Kholster as well!

jem375
September 7, 2010, 11:13 AM
I carried a G26 for about a year and it was ok, if you have a big hand I would look for something else. I had a Pearce mag extension on mine and it still was a little small for my big hands and traded it off for a CZ PO1 which is a much better handgun for me..

Super J
September 9, 2010, 12:31 AM
Glock 26 is my favorite pistol.

Surefire
September 9, 2010, 01:19 AM
I've owned a G26, G19, and G17.

Sold the G17.... too big for the 9mm round... I prefer a full size gun in a more powerful chambering. As far as Glocks go, I use the G21 as my full size gun (.45 acp)

I still have my G19 and G26.

Both are great, but I prefer the G19. Nice size, big enough to shoot like a full sized gun, but small enough to carry easily.

The Glock 26 is great for carrying, but to me the grip doesn't feel right. However, for pure CCW, the Glock 26 is awesome and I think you made a great choice for what you need.

sig228
September 10, 2010, 12:07 AM
Then you will LOVE the Glock 27. ;)

jonboynumba1
September 11, 2010, 10:36 AM
If you have big hands like me try the Pearce PG-39 +2 extension over the regular plus one or GLOCK's plus 2 It really adds more room at the front of the grip (my other gun is a G21SF!) and 12+1 capacity for the G26...great lil add on for like $10 fits 27 as well...think it just adds one there. It's listed on the pearce grip site...which leads MUCH to be desire IMHO (their website sucks and is more confusing than helpful) but they make a good grip extension!

ET
September 11, 2010, 11:03 AM
EVIL, although my G22 requires G17 mag to feed reliably, my G27 shoots 9mm through Lone Wolf conversion barrel just fine with the factory G27 mags - the mag follower angle is sufficient on G27 mags.

Try it first before you buy the 9mm mags - as long as the follower is in good shape, it should feed reliably.

If you just want range time then this might be OK, but I wouldn't try to carry it this way. The last round of 9mm in the 40 mag tends to stick in the follower at times which doesn't allow it to feed. In return you don't get the slide locking back on the empty mag because the mag isn't empty. Also if you look at the profiles of the 9mm & 40 mags while loaded with 9mm rounds you will see that the steel lips catch the 9mm casings lower in the 40 mags. Therefore, the rounds stand proud and at a higher angle. This could possibly lead to an FTF. For range use it would only be a distraction. For PD use it could mean the difference between life or death. Why risk it for $25?

Like the Glock 26?

Then you will LOVE the Glock 27.;)

Couldn't have said it better!

gym
September 11, 2010, 11:26 PM
I keep my 26 stock with no extensions, just talon grip tape. I am looking for maximum compactness in that gun. I carry 1 or 2, G19 mags for reloads, thereby keeping the pistols profile as small as possible. If you look at hickock 45's videos on utube, he is 6'8" tall and shoots his without extensions, it is really not necessary even for us guys in our 60's to put an extension on that gun for the purpose of hanging on to it. Being a 9mm it really doesn't have much jump to it. If you do it for extra fire power, you defeat the purpose of the smaller pistols ability to hide. You can get the 17 mag if you choose also as a reload, which will give you more that adequate ammo should that ever become a problem. The way I see it, if after 11 rounds, and 15 in my spare, if I am still standing, then the threat is over.

ChCx2744
September 19, 2010, 06:37 PM
I like the Glock 26. In fact, I like them so much that I bought a second one. :)

New little buddy is the one on the right.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a52/ChCx91/38918_121737141206410_100001103742743_120220_328762_n.jpg

Zundfolge
September 19, 2010, 08:03 PM
try these on your mags in place of the stock base plates.
http://www.concealablecontrol.com/advantage.html
you'll like it even more. they don't add any length to the butt and make a big difference- at least on my 'fistfull of fury' Glock 33

Those are intersting. I've owned several small guns and tried the Pierce grip extensions but always ended up just using larger, extended magazines as the Pierce grip adds length and reduces concealment (so you might as well increase capacity with a longer mag).

Too bad they don't make those for more those for more than just Glocks.

Stevie-Ray
September 19, 2010, 08:17 PM
I like the Glock 26. In fact, I like them so much that I bought a second one.Funny you should mention that. The G26 is the only gun I have that I entertained the notion of buying a second. Mine has been my night biking gun for many years. Love it.

TimboKhan
September 19, 2010, 08:26 PM
wheeled and dealed my buddy out of his, and I like it a lot.

subierex
November 13, 2010, 10:03 PM
The only thing I don't like about my G26 is wearing it IWB. It's fine fine while walking around, but when driving the little brick can be a bother. Need an OWB holster.

Otherwise, this little guy is a laser gun. So easy to shoot.

gym
November 13, 2010, 11:12 PM
Don't get anything but the 26, if you need convincing further go here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNB2EXzvZrM&NR=1

If you enjoyed reading about "Like the Glock 26?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!