Range Report Taurus 24/7 pro ds in .40

PDA

Skinsanity
August 31, 2010, 05:01 PM
Being my first "Tupperware" pistol, as well as my first .40, I didnt know what to expect, but for $379 OTD pricetag I figured it was a good starting point.

The Pistol feels good in my hand and has some features I very much like that isnt offered on Most striker fired weapons. The fit and finish seems better than others I have handled from the same manufacturer, everything is nice and crisp, except the trigger pull, which I am still getting used to, much different than my other autos (all are single action autos), spongy feeling to me, but not bad.

the one feature I very much like about this DA/SA pistol, is that it has a decocker, props to taurus on this innovation.

I also like the loaded chamber indicator, though I dont think I could ever rely TOTALLY on that, call me old school, but I have a habit I feel theres no need to break myself of, of checking the chamber with me own eyes.

Now the "Cocked Indicator seems a little odd to me, I can see in SOME, few instances this may be useful, it has no real application, at least to me, and in honesty, it seems like an afterthought and isnt really necessary, but, to each his own.

Taking the pistol to the range I have fired about 250 rounds out of the two magazines the pistol came with, and I was VERY pleasantly surprised that there was no malfunctions at all, incredibly, this pistol worked as it was designed to do without the usual 15000 round break in period (or however many rounds it takes depending on what pistol, who you talk to and what they own)

Now I haveant ransom rested the pistol to see if it could shoot a quarter at 75 yards, but I do know that all the rounds that I let loose hit the bread basket of the evil black sihlouetted guy that so many people love to shoot at, thats good enough for what the pistols designed to do, I dont think taurus intended it to be a target shooter, and I havent tested it for its TRUE potential.

All in all, I expected a 3 out of 5 star gun for a 3 star pricetag...what I got is a 4 star gun for a 2 star tag, so I cant complain yet....lets see if I change my mind the first time I have to call customer service..........:cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "Range Report Taurus 24/7 pro ds in .40" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Paul7
August 31, 2010, 10:51 PM
I had a 24/7 DS in 9mm and all was well except it was very innacurate.

jdrink
September 1, 2010, 01:14 AM
I currently own 3 24/7 in 9mm. None of them have ever malfunctioned once. The one i carry is the one i shoot the most and for me I can hit a 8" circle 17/17 at 50'. I figure that is close enough tio stop a BG. I also had a 24/7 in 45 ACP but recently sold it so i could concentrate on one caliber. I did have to send 2 of my guns to Taurus (nothing wrong with the guns, i did something stupid. Did you know that a 9mm slide will not come off of a 45 frame once it is installed?) and they had the guns back in my hands in exactly 4 weeks and did not charge me a stupid tax. I cannot complain about Taurus service.

If you enjoyed reading about "Range Report Taurus 24/7 pro ds in .40" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!