Met Up with an Old Friend...

PDA

Stephen A. Camp
September 1, 2010, 03:07 PM
...from the 1980's and my early years in the tactical unit!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/hipowersandhandguns/Hipowersandhandguns2/MkII001gray.jpg
This lightly personalized Mk II was the first Hi Power I was "officially authorized" to carry for both regular duty and tactical call-outs when the police department I worked for allowed autoloaders. (Prior to that, I had sometimes carried a Hi Power under my uniform jacket but that was not much in Texas weather.)

I wound up selling this Mk II and others (mistake) when the Mk III made its debute. Recently I got an opportunity to revisit and photograph this old thing for a project I'm involved in and thought I'd share a picture or two and a tiny bit of this pistol's "history".

This one has not kept good company. It "visited" with two armed robbers, one bank robber and more meth and crack dealers than I can honestly remember, but it never had a "conversation" with any of them; it never needed to; they complied with police orders and never threatened me.

If interested, a little more about the gun can be had here:

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/Lightly%20Personalized%20Mk%20II.htm

Best.

If you enjoyed reading about "Met Up with an Old Friend..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dairycreek
September 1, 2010, 03:43 PM
Thanks! You always post very interesting stuff. I look forward to your remarks.

Ala Dan
September 1, 2010, 05:50 PM
Greeting's Mr. Camp My Friend-

Great story, as I always enjoy reading your every post~! I recently acquired
my second Browning Hi-Power; a 1995 model [made in Belgium, assembled in
Portugal], a blued model with the adjustable target sights. Trigger isn't bad,
but maybe could use just a tiny bit of tweaking? Enjoy~!

Stephen A. Camp
September 1, 2010, 09:57 PM
Hello and thanks very much to you both for the kind words.

Best.

silversport
September 1, 2010, 10:57 PM
Thanks for sharing...always nice to see an old friend again...
Bill

gb6491
September 2, 2010, 12:17 AM
Thanks for sharing...always nice to see an old friend again...
+1 on that:) I really like the work that was done on the rear sight.
Regards,
Greg

sidheshooter
September 2, 2010, 03:16 AM
Another +1 on enjoying your posts.

Full Metal Jacket
September 2, 2010, 03:32 AM
no kidding, i didn't know you were a mod on here. always liked reading your jhp reviews on hipowersandhandguns. :)

Stephen A. Camp
September 2, 2010, 08:25 AM
Hello and thanks to all again. I am glad that the post was interesting.

Full Metal Jacket: The title is now honorary, I reckon for I have not been a moderator here for quite a while. Had quite a few things eating up lots of time and had to drop some things.

Best to all and good shooting.

loadedround
September 2, 2010, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the pic and info. Mine is like my AMEX card. I never leave home without it! :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Met Up with an Old Friend..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!