Are Hornady XTP's [still] a top performer?

PDA

gofastman
September 1, 2010, 05:28 PM
As I understand it they are a bit older technology than some of the other's on the market, is this true? Are they still on par with Gold Dots, Rangers, and HST's?

If you enjoyed reading about "Are Hornady XTP's [still] a top performer?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
WC145
September 1, 2010, 05:49 PM
The human body hasn't changed much in the last couple of decades, if XTP's did the job before, you can be sure it'll still take care of business. Of course, what do I know? I still carry Federal 9BPLE 115gr JHP +P+ (on & off the job).

gofastman
September 1, 2010, 06:26 PM
true, but many manufacturers are building bullets that better deal with worst case scenario conditions.

dawico
September 1, 2010, 10:14 PM
XTPs are still loved by competitors for their accuracy, and hunters for their reliable expansion. There may be newer, fancier bullets out there, but XTPs are still as good as they ever were.

BullfrogKen
September 1, 2010, 10:30 PM
I handload XTPs for a lot of my handguns. I think every handgun I own has an XTP load developed for it.

A few summers back I nailed a groundhog from about 35 yds with a 124 gr XTP out of my 9x23. It performed extremely well, just as I had come to expect from that round. I can't think of too many rounds that might do better than what XTPs have done for me.

Accurate. Consistent performance in the game I've taken with them.

gofastman
September 1, 2010, 10:46 PM
How do they do for personal defence, not just hunting?

WC145
September 2, 2010, 08:48 AM
true, but many manufacturers are building bullets that better deal with worst case scenario conditions.

Until they come out with something that makes my current load totally obsolete, I'll not be switching ammo every time something new comes along. The changes they're making are just not that dramatic.

Yo Mama
September 2, 2010, 08:54 AM
A few summers back I nailed a groundhog from about 35 yds with a 124 gr XTP out of my 9x23.

Must have been fun to pick through that!

dom1104
September 2, 2010, 08:56 AM
The correct answer is no they are not on par with Rangers, Gold Dots, or HSTs.

Alot of people will say they are "Fine" and thats probably true, but they will not perform to the same level as those 3 in the FBI test.

I am shocked that no one has told you this yet. It is well known information.

The Bushmaster
September 2, 2010, 09:30 AM
Because I am not a FBI agent and know that a lot of their data has been proven inaccurate I will stay with what has worked for me. My .357 magnum Colt SAA and Ruger .357 magnum Blackhawk have taken deer with excellent results using Hornady's 140 grain HP/XTP. Because humans are about the same size and weight I would expect Hornady XTP's to do well there too.

gofastman
September 2, 2010, 11:35 AM
The correct answer is no they are not on par with Rangers, Gold Dots, or HSTs.

Alot of people will say they are "Fine" and thats probably true, but they will not perform to the same level as those 3 in the FBI test.

I am shocked that no one has told you this yet. It is well known information.
proof?

beeenbag
September 2, 2010, 11:43 AM
my ccw round is a reloaded xtp. It is loaded fast and does very well in my opinion.

buck460XVR
September 2, 2010, 01:20 PM
They are the most accurate bullet I have found outta most of my handguns......the only other bullet that comes close is Speer's GDs. As far as I'm concerned, accuracy is my first priority. XTPs may not have the most expansion when it comes to low velocity loads, but the combination of accuracy and penetration is good enough for me. When it comes to RELIABLE expansion and penetration with hunting velocities, I have no complaints with XTPs, when the correct bullet for the job is used.

JimPGov
September 2, 2010, 01:34 PM
Hard to beat an xtp. Extremely accurate. Jp

Kingofthehill
September 2, 2010, 02:20 PM
They are still top performers. Id say even better than Gold Dots from my personal tests.

simple truth is there are TONS of quality HP's outo n the market now. The bigger concern is finding a brand of ammo that you can afford to run 200+rds though your carry/hd gun reliably and have good accuracy with.

Id much rather use 15yr old HP technology that has POI matching POA and runs 100% in my gun over the latest and greatest that is a tad off of POA and has the occasional jam.

My .02c.

JOe

MikeNice
September 2, 2010, 04:11 PM
I have never had experience wityh XTP bullets loaded by Hornady. However, I have tried them in Fiocchi flavor in the past. From what I experienced, in a .38spl+P they did not expand well at all.

Me and a friend shot them through two pieces of 1/4" plywood with a 4" space in between them. The exit holes were nearly identical to the entrance holes. Using his caliper the measured exit holes were only .006" larger than the entrance hole on average. The bullets were accurate but failed to really expand much at all.

Do they perform any better when loaded by Hornady?

I should probably mention that the gun was a 3" Fire Storm Commanche in .357mag.

gofastman
September 2, 2010, 05:29 PM
Do any bullets expand in wood?

I'm guessing no.

MikeNice
September 2, 2010, 10:01 PM
Actually they do expand when they hit wood. You can see a picture of it in the American Rifleman article about Winchester PDX and Hornady CD. The article is titled "One Problem Two Solutions" and is available on their website.

The reason I ask is because, that day Fiocchi XTP loaded hollow points couldn't best Corbon's old round. However it did better than Magtech Guardian Gold. The Magtech acted like FMJ and did not expand at all.

However, YMMV there are variations from box to box. That is the nature of manufacturing large numbers of anything.

Elmer
September 2, 2010, 10:59 PM
Because I am not a FBI agent and know that a lot of their data has been proven inaccurate

What data was "proven inaccurate"? And by whom?

If you mean by a discredited book on the subject, you may want to delve further (http://www.firearmstactical.com/afte.htm).

Elmer
September 2, 2010, 11:03 PM
I have never had experience wityh XTP bullets loaded by Hornady. However, I have tried them in Fiocchi flavor in the past. From what I experienced, in a .38spl+P they did not expand well at all.

Me and a friend shot them through two pieces of 1/4" plywood with a 4" space in between them. The exit holes were nearly identical to the entrance holes. Using his caliper the measured exit holes were only .006" larger than the entrance hole on average. The bullets were accurate but failed to really expand much at all.

Do they perform any better when loaded by Hornady?

I should probably mention that the gun was a 3" Fire Storm Commanche in .357mag.

Defense bullets shouldn't expand in wood. Properly designed defense bullets should still expand in properly calibrated gelatin, after passing through a barrier such as window glass or wallboard.

Unless you're planning on defending yourself from a piece of plywood that is.......

MikeNice
September 3, 2010, 12:14 AM
Then maybe the Corbon and Hornady rounds we fired are really the ones that failed and the Magtech held up well. I never claimed to be an expert and if I'm wrong about the implications of what we saw I will admit it.

We were shooting plywood mainly to shoot something besides paper. Testing how they expand was mainly a secondary excuse.

Full Metal Jacket
September 3, 2010, 01:33 AM

the xtp's don't generally expand to as wide of a diameter as more modern jhp's like HST or Ranger. i would generally use them for hunting/wild animal protection. they're certainly good for personal defense, but there's better stuff.

xtp's are great at not shattering, or having core/jacket separation.

MYREDTAIL
September 3, 2010, 02:36 AM
For leagal reason's I would not use any kind of a reload's in any of my SD gun's

Full Metal Jacket
September 3, 2010, 02:38 AM
what legal reasons? :confused:

reloads shouldn't be used due to reliability reasons. never heard of a legitimate self defense shoot that landed the ccw in jail because he used reloads, have you?

Vonderek
September 3, 2010, 08:35 AM
How do they do for personal defence, not just hunting?
The CorBon 9mm 115gr +p was (is?) loaded with the XTP. 15 years ago it was the cream of the crop in that caliber with 90+% one shot stops.

Full Metal Jacket
September 3, 2010, 08:40 AM
The CorBon 9mm 115gr +p was (is?) loaded with the XTP. 15 years ago it was the cream of the crop in that caliber with 90+% one shot stops.

this round is loaded with seirra jhp's. not sure if it was different 15 years ago though. think it was always a seirra.

Elmer
September 4, 2010, 02:40 AM

And what do you base this claim on?

WC145
September 4, 2010, 08:07 AM
15yrs ago the cream of the 9mm crop was the Federal 9BPLE 115gr JHP +P+, probably the most proven 9mm round when it comes to actual shootings.

fourdollarbill
September 4, 2010, 12:15 PM
I like the XTP and I can guarantee it will kill the bad guy regardless of the FBI testing created by an entrepreneur in the bullet market. When they run out of technology then they turn to semantics and marketing gimmicks to sell their bullets.

An FBI agent is not going to take the time to determine which bullet to use while in a gun battle. "Oh crap he has a jacket with two shirts under it" "I should change ammo to the "two shirt and jacket" type because I was shooting at him with the "through a car door ammo" type earlier.

19-3Ben
September 4, 2010, 12:30 PM
What I've heard here, sort of reflects what I've researched.

I looked into the XTP about 2-3 months ago and found that they expand beautifully IF they don't clog up with anything. But that they have a nasty tendency to clog up with heavy clothing and fail to expend.

those who have great experience hunting with them... well, that makes sense. ANimals don't usually wear heavy clothing that clogs bullets, and as I said, without clothing, the bullets expand beautifully.

More modern rounds like the Gold Dot, HST, and especially the Hornady Critical Defense are much better at coping with barriers and clothing.

This is all based on the overall value of opinions and research I have read. No, i can't point to anything specific, so take it for what it's worth.

SharpsDressedMan
September 4, 2010, 07:07 PM
There are no magic bullets that perform as intended, all the time. Anything CAN get clogged up and not expand, and it is just a plus if it works as intended.

Sapper771
September 5, 2010, 07:18 AM
I have not had any problems with them, but I have not tested them to the extent that some have.

Mr.Camp uses an excellent handload with the 9mm 124gr XTP (6.0gr Unique, COAL- 1.11"). I have tried it in my G17 and G19 and I am thoroughly impressed with the accuracy and performance. It clocks right around 1250 fps out of my G17. I have not had a chance to test it out on anything soft yet.

NavyLCDR
September 5, 2010, 12:08 PM
reloads shouldn't be used due to reliability reasons.

Then why do bench rest competition shooters use reloads when every millimeter of point of impact counts and one fail to fire can lose a competition?

Reloads, when done properly, are MORE reliable than factory ammo. Every aspect of the assembly of the cartridge can be double-checked and controlled to the nth degree by the reloader. Factory ammo is assembled by machines and only a sample of the final product is examined for quality control. A careful reloader has many times over the quality control than a factory does.

The Bushmaster
September 5, 2010, 02:10 PM
I'm with the Liutenant...25 years of reloading and I have NOT had (not even one) fail to down range.

I carry my Reloads in my SD weapon...

Elmer
September 6, 2010, 01:49 AM
15yrs ago the cream of the 9mm crop was the Federal 9BPLE 115gr JHP +P+, probably the most proven 9mm round when it comes to actual shootings.
Please tell me what you base that on......

WC145
September 6, 2010, 11:38 PM
Please tell me what you base that on......

Results.
It's been used by many federal, state, and local agencies in many, many shootings with positive outcomes. The round works and works well, that's the reason that is still in use today by numerous agencies in spite of the newer loads on the LE market.

kutter
September 13, 2010, 04:13 PM
With all due respect to the NavyLT, I say that sincerely as a retired Chief, benchrest competitions do not have peoples lives depending on the outcome. If a round does not go downrange then all you have is a day in which you lost the opportunity to win a match. While I do not necessarily agree with you concerning the quality control issue, I will submit that theoretically it should be possible for one supremely focused person to produce a round that is more reliable than one which you can purchase. The problem is that not everyone seems to be as dedicated as Bushmaster is in achieving results.

I will put it another way. Aston Martin hand builds there cars, and while they are certainly beautiful, they are not known for their reliability. Honda on the other hand is a heavily automated manufacturer with the best quality control in the business. I realize that a car is far more complicated than some brass, lead, and powder but I think you see my point.

Now having said all of that, I do not carry handloads for legal reasons. I guess that I spent the last 5 years I was in the Coast Guard with too many lawyers. One that I respect very much told me that he does not carry handloads in his weapon due to liability issues and that is good enough reason for me not to as well.

Jonah71
September 14, 2010, 05:13 PM
I'm completely sold on them. Carry them in most of my handguns.

Ky Larry
September 14, 2010, 05:41 PM
I'm shocked-shocked, I tell you- to learn that my 500 rnds of .45ACP 230gr XTP's are now worthless. Guess I'll go pitch them in the trash because something new is on the market.
Seriously, XTP's work in my Kimber and are very accurate. A .45 cal. hole is still a big hole. Expansion is a bonus. I'm not against progress but I don't have to have the latest and greatest.

buck460XVR
September 14, 2010, 08:24 PM
Now having said all of that, I do not carry handloads for legal reasons. I guess that I spent the last 5 years I was in the Coast Guard with too many lawyers. One that I respect very much told me that he does not carry handloads in his weapon due to liability issues and that is good enough reason for me not to as well.

Funny....I know a local D.A. that loads his nightstand gun with his handloads. Guess what that says is one should use what they feel the most confident with and what works best in THEIR gun. A good shoot is a good shoot....period. Now go out and look for trouble with mercury filled hollow points or lead bullets with a large cross cut in them from the huge Bowie knife you carry in your boot, you may have a problem..........:scrutiny:

Elmer
November 8, 2010, 10:59 AM
Results.
It's been used by many federal, state, and local agencies in many, many shootings with positive outcomes. The round works and works well, that's the reason that is still in use today by numerous agencies in spite of the newer loads on the LE market.
Can you name some of the more prominent ones that still use it?

And I was referring to your "90% one stop shots" fiction.....

WC145
November 8, 2010, 04:23 PM
Can you name some of the more prominent ones that still use it?
According to the ATK/Federal sales rep for New England, Nassau, Suffolk, and Genessee Counties all use 9BPLE. Dekalb County, Georgia did up til last year anyway, I don't know if they still do.
Of course, I carry them on the job, though I'm not part of a prominent agency.

And I was referring to your "90% one stop shots" fiction.....
I didn't post that but, according to the Marshall/Sanow study, the 9BPLE load was quite effective with 91% "one shot stops".
Dekalb County had a banner year in '06 with something like 20 officer involved shootings, the majority were one stop shots.

I don't know why this is such an issue for you that you brought the thread back after two months, but I've backed up my statements. If you doubt anything else you can look it up yourself.

HGUNHNTR
November 8, 2010, 04:33 PM
Until the human body develops scales or plate armor, I'd say it will continue to work pretty well.

Elmer
November 8, 2010, 05:11 PM
According to the ATK/Federal sales rep for New England, Nassau, Suffolk, and Genessee Counties all use 9BPLE. Dekalb County, Georgia did up til last year anyway, I don't know if they still do.
Of course, I carry them on the job, though I'm not part of a prominent agency.

Not much of a list, and I'm not sure if it's even current. Next time I talk to Ira I'll ask him. He's a good salesman, I doubt he's let those NY agencies stay in the BPLE. Not with NYPD being in the much more effective Gold Dot for so long. Regardless, the vast majority of agencies that used the +P+ 115 grain rounds switched out of them years ago, because they didn't perform like famous gunwriters, with financial stakes in ammunition companies, claimed they did.

I didn't post that but, according to the Marshall/Sanow study, the 9BPLE load was quite effective with 91% "one shot stops".

Yeah....figured......:rolleyes:

Just in case you might want to catch up.....

http://www.firearmstactical.com/marshall-sanow-statistical-analysis.htm

http://www.firearmstactical.com/afte.htm

Dekalb County had a banner year in '06 with something like 20 officer involved shootings, the majority were one stop shots.

Link?

I don't know why this is such an issue for you that you brought the thread back after two months, but I've backed up my statements. If you doubt anything else you can look it up yourself.

Hearsay about a couple of agencies that might still use them, and references to a long ago debunked piece of fiction, hardly qualifies as "backing up" your statement on 9BLE,

Results.

Why is it an issue for me? Because baloney spread around about wound ballistics and terminal performance, got a lot of cops killed over the years.

WC145
November 8, 2010, 05:42 PM
Why is it an issue for me? Because baloney spread around about wound ballistics and terminal performance, got a lot of cops killed over the years.
Please, tell me what you base that on.... links?

The 9BPLE was a good load then, it's a good load now. Is it the latest gee whiz round to come out? No. But that doesn't mean it isn't capable of doing the job. Just because something is new doesn't mean everybody has to drop what they've got and change. The 1911 and .45 ball aren't the first choice for a lot of folks but the combo still works.

Anyway, instead of just trying to tear down or debunk everything being said here, how about you offer up some options with the info to back up why it's worth changing.

Elmer
November 8, 2010, 07:29 PM
Please, tell me what you base that on.... links?

The amount of shootings I'm familiar with where loads like 9BLE, Silvertip, "Treasury" .38 Special 110 +P+, and other low penetration, lightweight rounds, failed to produce incapacitation. Reading and participating in actual studies by scientists like Fackler, Wolberg, Boone, Roberts, etc., that showed us why a handgun projectile works or doesn't. Working in law enforcement, with firearms and wound ballistics, for more than 30 years.

I realize that's not as good as reading every gun magazine that comes out, but it's the best I can do.

The 9BPLE was a good load then, it's a good load now. Is it the latest gee whiz round to come out? No. But that doesn't mean it isn't capable of doing the job. Just because something is new doesn't mean everybody has to drop what they've got and change.

You're barking up the wrong tree. .38 special 158 Semi wadcutters performed better than the "gee whiz" rounds like I mentioned did. Newer, certainly doesn't always mean better.

The 1911 and .45 ball aren't the first choice for a lot of folks but the combo still works.

Works for what?

Did .45 ball kill a lot of guys? Sure. So did 9mm ball, and .22 long rifle. Does that mean any of those are good choices for self defense? Nope.

Sorry, Colonel.......

Anyway, instead of just trying to tear down or debunk everything being said here, how about you offer up some options with the info to back up why it's worth changing.

I came here asking you where you got your info, but I think law enforcement's wholesale change from lightweight high speed pistol bullets, especially in the agencies that actually studied the effects of them, is a pretty good indication of their effectiveness.

Options? It's a great time to be in the market for self defense pistol ammunition. All the majors make effective rounds. Just avoid the mistakes of the past and you'll do fine.

BlindJustice
November 9, 2010, 07:17 PM
I like the XTPs - I also read either on a forum or in a review that comparing current XTPs to older XTPs it seems the hollow point cavity
has changed. It seems to me manufacturers would have continued
development of products Hornady offers the XTP in a plainn XTP, and
XTP TAP versions at different velocities. It has always enjoyed a good
rep. for accuracy and being a tough design for penetration.

IMO

Randall

Austinite
November 10, 2010, 01:45 AM
I don't think anyone is arguing that XTPs won't work well or that they should be thrown away (hyperbole much?).

Most of the testing using FBI protocols (best that we have at this point) has shown that the Gold Dot, Ranger, and HST rounds perform more reliably through a variety of different barriers. They really are better rounds, and yet, the XTP is still a very decent round.

justgoto
November 10, 2010, 03:48 AM
I got a 200lbs doe with the 158gr XTP, (357,) last winter. At 65 yards, the shot went between the ribs, pierced the heart/lungs, breaking a rib on exit. The exit hole was about 3/4". The deer ran less than 100 yards before collapsing. I would think it would do the same on a human.

Shadow 7D
November 10, 2010, 04:13 AM
I like them as they are affordable, and I can BUY THEM

Unlike many "proprietary" HP like federals, I can buy these and reload, hence I can afford to shoot the 200-500 many authorities claim needed to establish reliability.

cougar1717
November 10, 2010, 02:00 PM
Yes, the XTP is still a top performer and a very good bullet. I've got some recovered 125gr .357" mushroomed to about the size of a penny. The only thing that some might consider more "premium" than this design is a bonded handgun bullet. (IMO the word "bonded" on the box is just a way to get more $ for personal protection ammo since handgun ammo usually does not attain the velocity for jacket/core separation to be of concern. But that is just an opinion.)
Gold Dot, Golden Saber, Hydra Shok, Nosler Partition, Winchster PDX1, Winchester Silvertip, Hornady FTX - are all good.

Also, just be aware that not every box of Winchester Ranger ammo has the PDX1 bullet (the one you want if you're paying for Ranger).

Prosser
November 17, 2010, 01:17 AM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f99/Socrates28/Model%2083%20FA%20475/475Hornady400JHP.jpghttp://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f99/Socrates28/Model%2083%20FA%20475/475Linebaugh5shots400gr1350fpscopy.jpg

I like em. 400 grains, 1350 fps factory load, and starting at .475" What's not to like?
Recoil a bit, but not bad;) 38 ft-lbs or so.

I like the fact that expand, but not overly so. I'm not real sold on these modern day parachutes that expand so big, they sacrifice penetration.

That said, I carry 275 grain Speer HP's, at 1560 fps. More blast, less recoil, and, that combination have been known to create HUGE holes in deer:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f99/Socrates28/quartersand275grainbullet.jpg
Something about a hole the size of a two bore rifle, at 1560 fps that reminds me of the old, very effective black powder guns. 50-110 comes to mind.

Bovice
November 17, 2010, 01:34 AM
Is that a spiderweb I see in the cavity of that bullet?

Elmer
November 17, 2010, 02:53 AM
Yes, the XTP is still a top performer and a very good bullet. I've got some recovered 125gr .357" mushroomed to about the size of a penny. The only thing that some might consider more "premium" than this design is a bonded handgun bullet. (IMO the word "bonded" on the box is just a way to get more $ for personal protection ammo since handgun ammo usually does not attain the velocity for jacket/core separation to be of concern. But that is just an opinion.)

Yup. That's just an opinion.

Jacket core separation are common with a lot of handgun ammo.

Prosser
November 17, 2010, 03:15 AM
It's hard to part with those;-)

The 400 grain XTP .475 Linebaugh load was cheaper then 44 magnum for a long time.
Great round, fantastic price.

147 Grain
November 17, 2010, 03:51 AM
As has been said several times:

Hornady is a great company!, but the old technology in the XTP has been passed up by newer designs like Winchester Ranger T (still effective and a little long in the tooth) and Federal's outstanding HST ("Hi-Shok 2") which I believe to be the best on the market in their +P loadings of 147-gr. (P9HST4) and 230-gr. 45 ACP (P45HST1).

The biggest issue with using the XTP in typical self defense calibers is massive overpenetration with little expansion. The XTP is one eXtra Tough Penetrating "HUNTING" bullet! :D

Prosser
November 17, 2010, 04:02 AM
Match your bullet to the size of your potential attacker. Wouldn't be using an expanding 147 grain HST, and I have about 500 of them, on a 300 pound hog if I had a better choice, or, for that matter, a 300 pound deer;-)

I Like TWO holes, one in, one out. Not many things going to stop that 400 grain XTP...

bamacisa
November 17, 2010, 07:39 AM
Bottom line is that XTP 's are a good bullet and will work if you do your part. Bullet placement is still critical factor. Also consider if you can find a source that sells them and how much they cost. No bullet is effective if you miss your target.,,, there is no such thing as a magical bullet.

bamacisa
November 17, 2010, 01:25 PM
There are alot of good bullets available. Gold Dots, Golden Saber, HST, , Ranger. Corbon, Hornady Critical Defense just to mention a few. None of them are magical...you still have to do your part. Some may be better for certain conditions, but they all work pretty well. I use Gold Dots and Golden Saber but that doesn't mean that I would not use anything else...I also use Hydra-Shocks and Remington lead semi-wadcutter hollow points. You will be well armed with most any preminum defense loads.

788Ham
November 17, 2010, 08:00 PM
I have reloaded XTP's since Hornady came out with them, for .357 and .44 mag, 180, 240 and 300 grain for the .44, 125 grain for the .357. In testing the 300 grain .44's awhile back, no, I didn't have the gel set-up, no need for me. I dug the spent bullets out of the wet dirt, huge mushrooms, almost the same size as Prosser's. As far as terminal performance, I'd think and say so, this is why I reloaded more than 10 rounds after seeing how the 300 grainers acted. As far as being worried about whether I shot the BG with factories or my reloads, I couldn't care less, he chose to come to my house without invitation, he can leave with whatever size holes I give him. It's total BS these attorney's have nothing better to do, than try to legalize burglary/wanton killing over what type of bullet the perp was blown away with, hand loaded or otherwise!:fire: I'll continue to buy and use Hornady's, not into advertising hype.

9teenEleven
November 17, 2010, 09:16 PM
I load 147gr 9mm xtp. While I have found amazimg accuracy across the board, their expansion seems to be unreliable. Some will open up beautifully; a few won't open at all. If I were loading for SD in 147, the xtp would be an ok choice, but not my first.

147 Grain
November 17, 2010, 09:26 PM
Amen!

There are many other options with a better balance of penetration and expansion to create a larger wound channel: namely Federal HST (P9HST4 +P) and Winchester Ranger T (RA9T), both in 147-gr.

If you enjoyed reading about "Are Hornady XTP's [still] a top performer?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!