buffalo bore ammo in your autopsitols?

PDA

Full Metal Jacket
September 2, 2010, 05:55 AM
anyone have experience with this stuff? it's price is off the chain, but the 10mm is on sale at cabelas, and i have some cabelas bucks to blow lol.

thanx :)

If you enjoyed reading about "buffalo bore ammo in your autopsitols?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DustyVermonter
September 2, 2010, 08:13 AM
I've been hearing great things about it in regards to the 10mm, which I am a new die-hard fan of.

I have yet to purchase any, but Ill probably buy some from Cabelas since its on sale.

If you end up gettin some let me know what you think of it, because ill have some on the way sooner than later, I just don't have the money to actually shoot it....lol

I'm thinking the 180gr stuff would probably be optimal, but I'd probably spring for a box of 200gr just for kicks.

I currently keep mine loaded with Winchester Silver Tips 175gr, which I haven't really heard too much about I just happenned to pick up a few boxes, what's the prognosis on those, good or bad?

One thing that sticks out to me regarding the Buffalo Bore is that I have never heard a bad thing about them, and was told that they were better than Double Tap's.

BTW, don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure that Buffalo Bore uses a GDHP bullet for their loadings

wow6599
September 2, 2010, 09:43 AM
FMJ, I spend way to much money on Buffalo Bore 180 gr jhp for my G20. Never had a failure of any kind with it and it a lot of fun to throw down range. It's what I use for woods carry here in Missouri. IMHO, it's what all 10mm ammo should be like.

makarovnik
September 2, 2010, 10:09 AM
Love it in my .380's.

gofastman
September 2, 2010, 12:57 PM
be sure you get the Gold Dot version and not that Montana Gold crap they are using now

Full Metal Jacket
September 2, 2010, 04:30 PM
be sure you get the Gold Dot version and not that Montana Gold crap they are using now

all of it is now that montana gold crap, same with double tap. that's what has me thinking twice about paying seriously high prices for crap jhp bullets...

gofastman
September 2, 2010, 06:08 PM
all of it is now that montana gold crap, same with double tap. that's what has me thinking twice about paying seriously high prices for crap jhp bullets...
I just got a box of 10mm 200gr controlled expansion rounds from DT, they are without question Hornady XTP bullets.

I should clarify my statement too, Montana Gold are not "crap", they make a very accurate slug and many top competitors swear by them, I would never use them in my defensive pistols though.

If you enjoyed reading about "buffalo bore ammo in your autopsitols?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!