Loading magazines

PDA

natedog
December 11, 2003, 11:27 PM
I used to view it as a chore, but now I like it. Perhaps it's that all my magazine springs have been broken in, I don't know. I like being able to inspect all of my ammo beforing shooting. Put on some good music (ACDC, AFI, NOFX), get a hot drink, and start loading up those mags.

If you enjoyed reading about "Loading magazines" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
WhoKnowsWho
December 12, 2003, 10:28 AM
How many mags do you have? :D

When I am at the range, the 3 or 4 don't cause much suffering!

J Miller
December 12, 2003, 11:07 AM
When I had my last two 1911's my wife and I would load up all our magazines, and proceed to empty them. Between the two of us we could blow a couple hundred rounds of ammo when they were all loaded at once.

All you got is four magazines? You spend more time loading than you do shooting. Well, I guess that conserves ammo though.

(ACDC, AFI, NOFX) What sort of government agencies are those?

Joe

SoCalGeek
December 12, 2003, 11:27 AM
Put on some good music (ACDC, AFI, NOFX),

So which is it, good music or ACDC, AFI, NOFX? :D (Mostly directed at AFI)

ZekeLuvs1911
December 12, 2003, 02:27 PM
Remember the movie "Last Man Standing?" I have about that many mags for my 1911A1. Loads of Fun. (Pun Intended) :D

Correia
December 12, 2003, 02:36 PM
I like loading magazines. It is very relaxing.

Except for double stack 1911 mags. Arrgh my poor thumbs. Must shove 14th round into mag! :D

Rickstir
December 12, 2003, 03:13 PM
I got some little plastic doom-a-hickey that fits over my 92FS mags and a plunger pushes the rounds down. Likes child's play. I'm popping for an AK after the first of the year, do they have one of those doom-a-hickies for an SAR1? :rolleyes:

GigaBuist
December 12, 2003, 07:30 PM
Rickstir,

You won't need one for a double-stack AK magazine. Much easier to load up than a 9mm pistol ... you just keep jamming on top of the other. No need to press down the top round and slide the new one into place.

You could use stripper clips though. Gotta get around to the gunshow this weekend and pick up the equipment to put a hundred or two rounds of 7.62x39 on strippers.

t driver
December 12, 2003, 08:08 PM
Yes they make a loader for the AK. L.U.L.A. (http://www.glocksbr.com/axami/shop.php?grd=114) I have one for the AK and the AR. They work great.

blades67
December 12, 2003, 10:42 PM
I load all my magazines the night before a range trip so that I can take more ammo to the range. Empty magazines just waste space in the range bag.:D

chaim
December 13, 2003, 09:34 PM
I don't pre-load any of my mags. I live in MD where it is illegal to transport a loaded gun, even locked in a container that is locked in the trunk. Oh, in MD, a loaded mag is considered to be a loaded gun.:banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "Loading magazines" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!