Taurus PT 145 magazine trouble

PDA

ping99
September 3, 2010, 07:19 PM
Ive had 4 new magazines 2 of them have failed . I am shooting Winchester ammo
The failure happens when these clips are loaded with 6 to 10 rounds . The magazine jams and fail to feed the ammo into the gun . If you take the clip out after it jams you can see that the ammo is sitting really low . Is anyone else having this problem, if so how did you fix it ?
Thanks for your help

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus PT 145 magazine trouble" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TexasGunbie
September 3, 2010, 07:23 PM
This happened in my Pt111 which is the 9mm version of what you have. I don't think there is a fix to it. What I did was I called Taurus and gave them the serial number on my gun, and they told me to just send in the magazine and they will replace it. But I never did send it in, I just threw around the one bad magazine and sold the gun.

DasFriek
September 3, 2010, 08:23 PM
Id disassemble the mags and look for places internally a bullet could get caught on.
Most times the notches they put in them for the mag to lock into the gun can snag a round.

Clean the mag and a light coat of oil applied and wiped off may help.
Check the orientation of the mag spring that it is in correctly. The last and tallest end spring coil should face chamber.

Look for burrs on any seams or welds on the mag to clean up.

Does the mag use a metal or plastic follower? If plastic look for burrs or spots that be heavily worn,clean burrs and replace if worn.
If metal you can usually adjust it while its out of the mag and pulling the front part of the follower more forward.

Past this i say try new ammo.
Last resort send is you can send the mags that dont work back to Taurus for replacement.

bds
September 3, 2010, 09:34 PM
Ive had 4 new magazines 2 of them have failed
Were the magazines after market or factory? If they were not factory, Taurus is not to blame. Factory new mags at CDNN for $32 (http://www.cdnninvestments.com/taptmipro451.html).

gearhead
September 3, 2010, 10:20 PM
One thing I did when I disassembled the mags on my new 24/7 Pro Compact (same mags as the MilPro) was to take a fingernail stick and smooth out the parting line where the follower was molded. There was a bit of molding flash there, I smoothed out the sharp edge on both magazines. It might be worth a try.

ritepath
September 3, 2010, 10:48 PM
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=29512.0

My factory pt145 mags that come with the pistol will not feed HP's worth a crap. According to this thread, and that crazy guy on the internet you can fix them. However.com I'm just going to try and order some and see if they're the "new" style.

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus PT 145 magazine trouble" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!