Double Star 1911

PDA

argosarms
September 4, 2010, 03:16 PM
Double Star's DSC .45ACP, just got a pretty good review in the Sept. "Gun-Tests magazine. Any one have experience and an opinion either way on this fairly new version of the 1911?

If you enjoyed reading about "Double Star 1911" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
General Tso
September 4, 2010, 04:02 PM
I would like to have one. Bud's gun shop is ALWAYS out of them. I think they use a lot of ed brown parts. Last price I saw was around $1000. That seems a little steep, but who knows.

Full Metal Jacket
September 4, 2010, 04:11 PM
not worth the money, and heard their cust serv stinks. check out the 2 customer reviews of them on bud's.

looked at one at the gunshop the other day. nothing i would pay what they expect for. there's too many known brands for that price, and better quality.

Kingofthehill
September 4, 2010, 11:30 PM
Ive shot 2, and the differences were night and day. 1 was AWESOME and i would be very happy with the purchase. The 2nd one was a pile and wouldn't function properly and fitting was awful.

Im torn on the if they are good or not.

JOe

Gik-tal
September 5, 2010, 12:00 AM
I've looked at a couple at some of the local shows, and while they look nice they don't seem to be anywhere near worth what they are selling for. Used to be you could purchase a doublestar frame for around $125.00, think for the money you would be beter off with a Springfield or a Kimber.

If you enjoyed reading about "Double Star 1911" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!