Got my first .22, thank you High road

PDA

gendoikari87
September 4, 2010, 03:36 PM
well thanks in great part to your members here I got my first .22 pistol, it is a .22 Ruger Mark III 22/45 target model. I got it today as my birthday present.

I did get to shoot 250 Rounds
100 Winchester super x's
50 blaser (super crap leads)
100 CCI Mini Mags (a little more expensive but honestly I think I'll be shooting these instead of the federal stuff. )

I started out horribly at a 12" grouping but by the end when i got to the CCI mini Mags, I was shooting between a 4" and 2.5" grouping (25 feet) and i haven't shot in almost 6 years. This is by far the most fun of any gun I have ever shot and even more accurate than most of the rifles I've shot at that range.

Thank you all for helping me and steering me away from the walther. After testing the walther P22 and this I must say the ruger beats it hands down, and it was cheaper (about $280), than the walther. It ate the super cheap blasers but after that video of how non plated .22's could screw up a gun, I didn't want to test it, and told the gun range owner if I had to shoot that stuff i was gunna just go. Again thank you all, it's the most fun gun I have ever had.

If you enjoyed reading about "Got my first .22, thank you High road" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
oasis618
September 4, 2010, 03:41 PM
The only things I've seen the P22 good for are putting a suppressor on and jamming. Congrats on the Ruger!

docnyt
September 4, 2010, 04:05 PM
This thread is better than your thermal mechanics one. ;)

The Armscor ammo is surprisingly good as well. The CCI mini mags have been feeding reliably in my Buckmark.

DasFriek
September 5, 2010, 01:17 AM
It ate the super cheap blasers but after that video of how non plated .22's could screw up a gun, I didn't want to test it, and told the gun range owner if I had to shoot that stuff i was gunna just go. Again thank you all, it's the most fun gun I have ever had.

I think you mean CCI Blazers which happen to be some of the best low end bulk ammo on the market next to the Federal 510's.

In my Benchrest .22lr i only shoot lead ammo, Copper washed ammo leaves more residue that takes more than CLP to swab it out.
BTW mid grade and high end ammo are all lead bullets, You wont find copper plated or washed bullets in these.

I suggest a you poke around here and broaden your mind on .22lr ammo.
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31

BTW i have a MKIII 22/45 also thats my main plinker in the winter when im stuck at indoor ranges and cant use my 50 yard benchrest setup.

Look for some CCI Standard velocity and at the same price will most likley be more accurate than the mini mags.
In .22lr Standard Velocity ammo is preferred for accuracy.

pikid89
September 5, 2010, 01:34 AM
walmart federal bulk pack is where its at...between my mkII and my 10/22...ive run about 1500 round between them with only 1 or 2 stoppages

Pilot
September 5, 2010, 07:26 AM
If you start having any problems with that MK III, you can remove the magazine disconnect and disable the loaded chamber indicator which can sometimes cause problems.

ColeK
September 5, 2010, 07:37 AM
Congrats, it's hard to go wrong with a Ruger.

If you enjoyed reading about "Got my first .22, thank you High road" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!