"Enemies Foreign And Domestic" 2nd Edition Available

PDA

Travis McGee
December 12, 2003, 02:04 AM
The first 1,000 copies of Enemies Foreign And Domestic were gone by November, and this time I had 2,000 more copies manufactured. They were just delivered today. The only difference between the two editions is that I cleaned up some typos that were found by sharp-eyed readers. You can get them signed through my website, or on Amazon and other internet sources linked on the book's website.

This is the first serious Second Amendment novel aimed at a general audience, without the explicit sex and women depicted as bubbleheaded sex toys that were found in Unintended Consequences. It's a novel that your wife or girlfriend will enjoy as much as you will, and it's a great primer on the struggle to preserve our RKBA, for those who are new to the subject.

http://matthewbracken.web.aplus.net/bookcover.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about ""Enemies Foreign And Domestic" 2nd Edition Available" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Brian Dale
December 12, 2003, 04:46 AM
Dispatching a financial document by Government courier. Glad to hear the news!

Nanook
December 12, 2003, 10:50 AM
Excellent book, Matt. I could hardly put it down. Hopefully it never comes to pass.

R-Tex12
December 12, 2003, 11:29 AM
Another thumbs-up for EF&D - great read. Thanks, Matt!

R-Tex12

mpthole
December 12, 2003, 12:08 PM
I just read through the chapter excerpts the other day and couldn't stop! :cool: I can hardly wait until Christmas because it was on the top of my list. Looking forward to reading the rest of it. Excellent job!

MicroBalrog
December 12, 2003, 12:12 PM
Cool!

Travis McGee
December 12, 2003, 09:44 PM
mpthole:
Thanks for reminding me! The first 20 chapters are on the website, so anybody can check out the book first and see if it's for them.

http://matthewbracken.web.aplus.net/snakelogo.jpg

grampster
December 13, 2003, 06:41 PM
This book is a "must buy" I have read thousands of fiction stories. Matt is a great story teller and the book never, ever lets up. Bring on the sequel, Travis Mcgee.

grampster

R-Tex12
December 13, 2003, 07:20 PM
Ditto, Grampster! That's what I meant to say! :D

R-Tex

Travis McGee
December 14, 2003, 05:37 AM
GRAMPSTER:
You are too kind. I hope the sequel, "Domestic Enemies," doesn't take another three years!

Dan from MI
December 14, 2003, 05:01 PM
I read the book and highly recommend it.

Thumper
December 14, 2003, 09:37 PM
Gonna buy this thing on the weight of the first twenty chapters and grampster's reccomendation.

Good stuff.

grampster
December 14, 2003, 09:46 PM
grampster knows all, sees all! Obey grampster!

:D :D

P95Carry
December 14, 2003, 10:00 PM
Great Matt :) ..... I shall be mailing a letter with payment in the morning .... and look forward to receiving this very much.

Travis McGee
December 16, 2003, 03:50 AM
P95Carry: Private mail me your address so I can put one in the mail in time for Christmans.

Matt

erikm
December 16, 2003, 03:58 AM
Travis,
Any news on an electronic edition? I don't want the mailman to rob me for any more than neccessary. Not to mention wait the delivery period :D

Cheers,
ErikM :evil:

mpthole
December 16, 2003, 10:53 AM
I'm trying to figure out which name is the pen-name...? :confused:

The Undertoad
December 16, 2003, 11:58 AM
You sir are evil... I mean very smart for putting those chapters online. I read the first 18 last night instead of studying for my anthropology exam. :o I plan on buying a copy after Christmas. Good book! :cool:

grampster
December 16, 2003, 02:54 PM
mpthole,

Travis lives on a houseboat, slip 13, Bahia Mar Marina in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. As a profession he is a rescuer of damsels in distress. He hangs out with a fellow called Meyer Meyer and can generally be found on a boat nearby owned by a fellow called the Alabama Tiger where there has been a continuously ongoing party since the early 60's.

Travis writes books as a hobby under the psuedonym of Matt Bracken.

He is an excellent storyteller and you should buy his book before they are all gone.

grampster.:cool:

R-Tex12
December 16, 2003, 03:04 PM
Grampster -

D*#n, you're good! :D

R-Tex

grampster
December 16, 2003, 03:42 PM
R-Tex12,

:D Refer to 13th post, this thread.:D

:p

Pilgrim
December 16, 2003, 03:44 PM
Amazon says they don't have them yet. Can you mail one to a friend of mine for Christmas?

Pilgrim

Hawkeye755
December 16, 2003, 07:08 PM
Matt,

Amazon is still showing that they are sold out of your book. I don't know if the second edition sold that well or they havn't gotten it in yet, I hope it is the first but suspect the latter :D , but I am sending out a letter and payment to you today. Thanks

Travis McGee
December 16, 2003, 11:28 PM
Pilgrim and Hawkeye:
Dealing with Amazon from the seller's POV is like dealing with a brain damaged dinosaur. It's all autoresponders and automated mail and menus. I had to totally close out book one and restart the second edition from scratch with a new account. (This was because the 2nd edition had a new ISBN#. Because I fixed some types, it's not the same exact book, and for L O Congress and ISBN# purposes, it's a "new book."

Anyway, the new Amazon account with the 2nd edition should be ready in a few days at most! But in the meantime, Fred's M-14 Stocks.com (link is on the EFAD website) has them cheaper anyway.

Matt

If you enjoyed reading about ""Enemies Foreign And Domestic" 2nd Edition Available" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!