PDA

Kevlarman
January 22, 2003, 09:21 PM
http://cbc.ca/artsCanada/stories/riflemusic220103

Edmonton musician plays rifle, garden hose
Last Updated 2003-01-22

ArtsCanada

EDMONTON - A member of the Royal Canadian

Artillery Band says he enjoys making music with his rifle, but is really interested in playing a grenade launcher.

Sgt. Andre Lessard, a member of the Edmonton- based band, uses a Second World War rifle as an instrument, says a report in the Edmonton Sun.

Lessard says the Lee Enfield Mark IV, with a trumpet mouthpiece in the top of the barrel, can produce seven or eight notes. He's welded open the bolt action so the rifle doesn't have to be registered as a working firearm.

He's also tried playing the C-1 rifle and a garden hose with a funnel in it, said the Sun.

But Lessard says he's interested in trying to play a grenade launcher, which he insists is "like a tuba."

When he's feeling conventional, Lessard plays the trumpet, piano, guitar and flute.

Ah, so Canadians *can* have guns! :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Edmonton musician plays rifle, garden hose" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Freedom in theSkies
January 22, 2003, 09:47 PM
I'd give him a 8.6 for artistic impression

Gewehr98
January 22, 2003, 10:42 PM
During the long, cold, winter nights up there.

Can't wait for him to turn a Remington 870 into a trombone. :scrutiny:

Tom A
January 22, 2003, 11:23 PM
I once wandered by a television and caught the very end of a PBS documentary about what looked to be a Mongolian fella' who was hunting out on the steppes with his pony and Mosin-Nagant carbine. I was amazed when he opened the rifle bolt, put the muzzle to his mouth, and sounded it like a horn, maybe to let his buddies know where he was.

This is doubtless a very old and routine Mongolian custom, but it got my attention!

Raychel
January 23, 2003, 12:55 AM
isn't that lovely? ^^

sad fact.. there was a "get together" last week in Edmonton, for those who do not support the gun registration, (which by the way has cost OVER a billion dollars then it was suppose to.. damn politicians! X_X), an old vet. went to participate and was arrested for bringing his unregistered riflle with him. (It was not loaded at the time.)

If you enjoyed reading about "Edmonton musician plays rifle, garden hose" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!