kamp for kids

PDA

dakotasin
September 8, 2010, 11:06 PM
ted nugent puts on a 'kamp for kids' program. i'm not 'zactly sure what goes on in these camps because i had never heard of them before, but apparently they are a mini-seminar geared for kids ages 8+ to introduce basic outdoors topics. i.e., slingshots, gps, shotguns, rifles, fishing, archery, and probably some other stuff i forgot.

anyway... anybody ever send their kid to one? any thoughts on the camp?

If you enjoyed reading about "kamp for kids" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ebeam101@hotmail.com
September 21, 2010, 09:02 PM
If that is what they truley teach at the camp, then I'm all for it. But we all know Nugent can be alittle nutzy.

Old Granddad
October 2, 2010, 11:42 PM
With the possible exception of firearms use, the Boy Scouts do a fine job of teaching outdoors skills if the adult troop leadership is on its toe. Some BSA camps include marksmanship (.22s) and safe gun handling in their programs as well.

If you enjoyed reading about "kamp for kids" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!