Mosin Nagant Pistol

PDA

Boberama
September 9, 2010, 04:56 PM
Ugly as heck.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/WikingSS/tacMosin-1.jpg
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa170/kaimeros/Gunsnstuff/unholyblasphemy.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZJZl2X3hmg

If you enjoyed reading about "Mosin Nagant Pistol" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Boberama
September 9, 2010, 04:57 PM
But I want one of these:
http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr158/boberamatheclown/model70Safari.jpg?t=1284062249

.458 Win Mag!

WardenWolf
September 9, 2010, 05:07 PM
With that stock angle, it looks like it would bite his chin or cheek. Looks very painful. Dumbest NFA ever.

$75 rifle
$200 tax stamp
$200 for tacticool accessories

essayons21
September 9, 2010, 05:50 PM
Dumbest NFA ever

I think you are missing the point.

rcmodel
September 9, 2010, 05:53 PM
I'd put double ear protection (Muffs & plugs) on that poor girl you talked into shooting it!

It's gotta be an Eargasplitten Loudenboomer with that short a barrel, and a comp right in front of your face.

rc

hardworker
September 9, 2010, 06:16 PM
I think thats a dude in the pic

rcmodel
September 9, 2010, 06:19 PM
Oh!

I can't tell the difference at a glance in a lot of them anymore!!

I guess I should have noticed the goatee!

rc

Sebastian the Ibis
September 9, 2010, 06:19 PM
What a waste of a tax stamp.

Sgt.Saputo
September 9, 2010, 06:22 PM
I like the idea, but the one in the picture is too tacticool for me. :neener:

hardworker
September 9, 2010, 06:27 PM
This was type of gun used to keep malls on the Eastern Front secure.

DaisyCutter
September 9, 2010, 07:10 PM
This is your Mosin on meth.

dirtyjim
September 9, 2010, 08:02 PM
a mosin nagant pistol is called an obrez and they were actually used by russian gangsters and rumored to have been used by the kgb.

rondog
September 9, 2010, 08:09 PM
Seriously, you actually think that guy has a stamp for it? I'd say not likely.

Cosmoline
September 9, 2010, 08:11 PM
I'd be tempted to yell "THIS IS SPARTA!" before shooting that one.

I actually don't hate this particular modification. It's completely insane, of course, but as dirtyjim notes it's in the spirit of earlier wartime mods. And it's something wild, not just another effort to turn the Mosin into a second rate Remchester.

essayons21
September 9, 2010, 09:07 PM
I think the point of this pistol is:

A: To make fun of tacticooled AR's etc. (As stated in the youtube description)

B: To be as ridiculous as possible.

It made me laugh, so I think its worth whatever whoever created this monster invested into it.

M-Cameron
September 9, 2010, 09:11 PM
i have never been so attracted....yet so repulsed by anything before in my life.

i dont know what it is......but there is just something right, smothered by soooooo much wrong.

killertom
September 9, 2010, 09:18 PM
If I think about it honestly, its a shame an original military gun got hacked up like that. I know a lot of people think "heck they've made millions of these so who cares" but I still think that is a piece of history destroyed right there, to create something totally laughable and unusable.

45Fan
September 9, 2010, 09:42 PM
Thats right up there with those "tactical" single barrel shotguns I've been seeing at the gunshows.

Floppy_D
September 9, 2010, 09:47 PM
Isn't this PTK's? If not, he has one much like it.

dirtyjim
September 9, 2010, 10:55 PM
If I think about it honestly, its a shame an original military gun got hacked up like that. I know a lot of people think "heck they've made millions of these so who cares" but I still think that is a piece of history destroyed right there, to create something totally laughable and unusable

he seems to be using it just fine at the range and i've seen lots of mosins with bad muzzels that needed to have the barrel shortened or counterbored.

as far as i'm concerned if it has an import mark especially centurys billboard mark its history has been destroyed and its fair game.

marktx
September 10, 2010, 12:22 AM
I personally find the lack of bayonet lug to be distressing. If nothing else such a sweet ass firearm could be sporting some of the rail mount pistol bayonets that are on the market.

Quiet
September 10, 2010, 05:14 AM
It was created by a 07-FFL / 02-SOT as a joke, no tax stamp was wasted. :evil:

quatin
September 10, 2010, 11:24 AM
You guys have no sense of humor. Perhaps we should talk about the individual laws pertaining to each state we live in regards of using this weapon to defend our home against waves of armless Nazi zombies.

Other than that, awesome pistol/rifle/widget. +1 on getting a bayonet on there. No mosin should ever be missing a bayonet.

fireman 9731
September 10, 2010, 11:26 AM
I dont think that is PTK's. His is just a cut down wood stock if I recall correctly.

I would like to have an SBR Mosin... just for fun.

gym
September 10, 2010, 09:48 PM
Shame to ruin an otherwise nice weapon, trying to make it "cool"

dirtyjim
September 11, 2010, 10:51 AM
Shame to ruin an otherwise nice weapon, trying to make it "cool"

how do you know a nice weapon was ruined to make it? it could have just as easily started out as a barreled receiver that was put together with spare parts.

about a year ago centerfire systems had a ton of barreled receivers real cheap and i'm sure not all of those were put back into military configuration. i'm know some of them were used to build sporters that you wacko collectors all seem to think started out as mint matching rifles

c919
September 11, 2010, 01:02 PM
I'd put double ear protection (Muffs & plugs) on that poor girl you talked into shooting it!

That's good stuff right there.

gym
September 11, 2010, 03:09 PM
I am not a collector of anything let alone rifles. But when you take a classic "anything" and "jessie james it" other than for money, it's just a shame. May as well have it shooting golf balls.

ZCORR Jay
September 11, 2010, 09:26 PM
I would have to say it is ugly as heck but hey to each his own right.

I do hope it was a joke making this and it was made out of various spare parts.

PTK
September 11, 2010, 09:49 PM
I have a straight-up "pistol" 91/30, but I built it more for a conversation piece regarding both the Russian partisans in the early 1900s through WWII, and the Jewish resistance in WWII.

Plus, yeah, it's fun. :)

Sam1911
September 11, 2010, 09:54 PM
The "obrez" is thought to have had a somewhat distinguished history among certain resistance fighters -- and others who needed to improvise.

Some have claimed that they were most often fired with ammo that had been knocked apart and had the charge reduced. No way to know if that was common or not.

Here is the thread on PTK's: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=355622

And another thread: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=434402

I suppose it isn't cool to see one cut up, but at least it hasn't just been converted to another "Remlinchester" deer rifle. :)

PTK
September 11, 2010, 09:56 PM
Also, again, I've never downloaded ammo. It's usually Czech light ball being fired. :)

shotgunjoel
September 12, 2010, 12:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/Milsurps

Ranb
September 12, 2010, 01:10 AM
I used to have an old Enfield that was unsafe to shoot with 303 brit. I gave it new life by rebarreling it to 45 ACP and converting it to a near likeness of the delisle carbine.

As far as I am concerned any gun that can not be shot and that does not have sentimental value has no value at all. Convert it to something that can be used and now it has some value.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u320/ranb40/firearms/enfield.jpg

Ranb

VBurd2128
September 14, 2010, 01:17 PM
Odd looking weapon. Where did the other half go!? lol

Ranb
September 14, 2010, 02:46 PM
I was unable to get the stock off, so a bandsaw did it for me. Then I welded on an AK underfolding stock.

Ranb

jojo200517
September 14, 2010, 05:44 PM
I dunno I kinda like the Mosin SBR they made. I'd shoot it. Oh and gym, I think your right he needs some blanks and a golf ball launcher adapter for it. Then it really would rock.

desidog
September 14, 2010, 06:19 PM
Modifications are great if they serve a functional purpose....i don't see that in pictures in the original post. I don't see a pistol either, as in the thread title.

AR stocks work well because they are on-axis with the barrel, therefore better at transferring recoil straight back. An AR stock on a 15-20 degree angle from axis will just make the gun buck up...and give that shooter the slap he deserves. Talk about too much time.

Now PTK's "obrez," that's turning a very noticeable item into a concealable item - functionality is increased for certain applications. And ranb's ______ (pseudo-delisle underfolder enfield .45?) is not only concealable, its quiet. Gents, nice weaponry there.

Ranb, off topic but, what malady did that Enfield have that precluded .303?

Ranb
September 15, 2010, 12:27 PM
The bore looked like they used rocks for projectiles instead of bullets, and the stock appeared to have used as a club. The real problem was that with a minimum load listed in the manual, I was getting +12 inch groups at 10 yards. With the medium load (neck sized reload) the groups improved greatly, but the brass would crack nearly 360 degrees near the base.

I never shot it again until I re-barreled it to 45 acp.

Ranb

Nashanthra
September 15, 2010, 04:08 PM
How much work did you have to do to get the bolt to work?

Looking at my reloading charts, not sure on head size but Lee shows shell holder on 303 as #5 and 45 as #11.

Ranb
September 15, 2010, 05:07 PM
I ground down the front of the extractor a bit so I could properly head space the barrel. Headspace is adjusted using a barrel nut just like a Savage. It still grabs the brass well enough to pull it out. It takes a bit of practice to reliably chamber a round because I did not shorten the bolt like the real Delisle. It also extracts poorly usually leaving the spent casing on top of the mag.

If WA ever allows silencer use, then I shorten the bolt and make a dedicated silencer out of steel and permanently attached it to the barrel after chopping it down to about ten inches. And if I never get them to change the law, I will chop it after I retire and lave the state.

Ranb

If you enjoyed reading about "Mosin Nagant Pistol" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!