Help to ID this 357

PDA

czhen
September 9, 2010, 10:12 PM
Hi, all
Please some to ID what model is this Dan Wesson 357, it says made by Wesoon Firearms, Palmer Mass 357# S00293*, on the barrel 357 magnum CTG. Overall is in pristine condition inside out by the way.

Czhen
FL

If you enjoyed reading about "Help to ID this 357" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Walkalong
September 9, 2010, 10:16 PM
15, I believe. Can't swear to it.

Here is mine (http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=97356&d=1241270753).

czhen
September 9, 2010, 11:29 PM
The other side similar condition, but no marks. Is there any ID under the grip. I have to take apart yet.

czhen
FL

Deaf Smith
September 9, 2010, 11:38 PM
Looks like a Dan Wesson but maybe High Standard (they made a Wesson type revolver.)

Deaf

DWFan
September 9, 2010, 11:45 PM
That's a Dan Wesson M715-2. The "7" denotes stainless.
http://www.danwessonforum.com/ can provide additional info.

9mmepiphany
September 9, 2010, 11:49 PM
For practical purposes, it is a DW M-15...but it might well have been made for High Stanard.

The barrel contour. or more accurately the underlug contour, wasn't a DW standard on. Their heavy underlug ended square with the front of the barrel, their light underlug ended just in front of the ejector rod...like Walkalong's picture.

I didn't realize that Hogue made their Monogrip for the DW

czhen
September 10, 2010, 12:15 PM
Thanks you all,
DWFan I found one similar at the Dan Wesson Forum.
Now it is safe at home...........(my home).

CZhen
Fl

DWFan
September 18, 2010, 05:08 AM
quote:
"The barrel contour. or more accurately the underlug contour, wasn't a DW standard on. Their heavy underlug ended square with the front of the barrel, their light underlug ended just in front of the ejector rod...like Walkalong's picture."

The model in the picture is the fixed barrel version. The beveled front edge of the shroud was exclusive to them. These were made only for a couple of years and only at the Palmer plant and are rather rare.

9mmepiphany
September 18, 2010, 07:41 PM
Thanks...didn't know that

If you enjoyed reading about "Help to ID this 357" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!