Great Deal Alert! Walmart Kershaw Skyline blowout

PDA

hso
September 10, 2010, 09:34 AM
A buddy of mine picked up the nice little Kershaw Skyline 1760 for $25.

:scrutiny:

Yes, $25!:eek:

If you enjoyed reading about "Great Deal Alert! Walmart Kershaw Skyline blowout" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
M-Cameron
September 10, 2010, 10:06 AM
how is the skyline...?

i almost bought it but the lack of metal liners made me a bit weary...

leadcounsel
September 10, 2010, 10:16 AM
$31 online...

hso
September 10, 2010, 10:20 AM
Liner lock, G-10 scales, metal pivot spacers/washers. Nice little knife.

My only concern would be that they use 2 instead of 3 screws to attach the pocket clip. It also have a very strong detent biasing it closed so that it takes and effort to start opening it, but it opens smoothly once it's past the detent.

heron
September 10, 2010, 10:40 AM
My only concern would be that they use 2 instead of 3 screws to attach the pocket clip.C'mon, man, it's a pocket clip, not a towing hitch!

EMC45
September 10, 2010, 11:00 AM
I just got a Kershaw "Needs Work". Paid about 36 bucks. It is nice! Speed Assist.

BCCL
September 10, 2010, 01:48 PM
I bought one when I found my local WM had them for $25, and it's a great mid size folder.

bannockburn
September 10, 2010, 05:38 PM
Picked up a couple of decent Gerbers a few years back when WalMart was discontinuing them. They were marked down to like half their original price. I always make it a point to check them out when I'm there shopping for ammo.

conw
September 10, 2010, 05:56 PM
That steel actually holds a really good edge once you reprofile it from the factory default. I have a Junkyard Dog 2 with the same Sandvik steel and it is just amazing, on par with "better" steels, once I put a very thin convex edge on it. Never really requires any work on a stone, only steeling and stropping. You can get a very toothy edge and put a high polish on it, and have the best of both worlds, w/ Sandvik steel. I'd recommend this "mod" for the knife. For $25 even if you don't have a belt sander you can afford to have it sharpened by someone who does!

JTW Jr.
September 11, 2010, 12:00 PM
C'mon, man, it's a pocket clip, not a towing hitch!

Love that !

Limeyfellow
September 11, 2010, 04:05 PM
The Kershaw Skyline is a really nice discount knife. I found the ergonomics and grip on it to be fantastic and a great blade shape for it's size.

The opening mechanism is pretty good. I would have preferred it to be assisted opening, but it works fine as is.

For $25 you can't really go wrong.

If you enjoyed reading about "Great Deal Alert! Walmart Kershaw Skyline blowout" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!