looking for a chronograph

PDA

gofastman
September 10, 2010, 05:03 PM
... in the $100 range. I have found the ProChrono Digital Chronograph and the Shooting F-1 Chronograph. does anyone have any thoughts????

If you enjoyed reading about "looking for a chronograph" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
September 10, 2010, 05:15 PM
I believe both those you linked have the read-out and re-set buttons mounted on the sky-screen holder down-range.

I would prefer to have the read-out and controls on an extension cord so I can fiddle with it right on the shooting bench without getting up.
And also not be shooting at it!

More like this:
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=306796

rc

otblue
September 11, 2010, 02:52 AM
I have a ProChrono digital, a PACT and a CED.

I use the ProChrono most often, it is fast setup, reliable and has a large "window".

JimKirk
September 13, 2010, 11:25 PM
I have had a Pact Model 1 for many years, which has the "brains" in a separate box that sits on the bench next to you, the "eyes" are down range. The eyes are cheap to replace. I have two friends who have other brands that have the brains down range. Theirs have been replaced several times.

There are two kinds of Chronographs ... those who have been shot or those that will be shot!! Just a matter of time. Chrony even puts a target right on the front of theirs!

Jimmy K

Ridgerunner665
September 13, 2010, 11:32 PM
ProChrono Digital here...no complaints.

If you enjoyed reading about "looking for a chronograph" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!