no gun sign at value city furniture

PDA

pezo
September 15, 2010, 01:12 PM
Noticed sign as I walked by it carrying concealed. In michigan the signage is not enforceable all they can do is ask you to leave If they see it. I won't be spending money there. Just passing it along. The sign is goofey, says they provide a secure and safe environment. What?,how?. A salesman gonna throw a cushion at a bad guy.

If you enjoyed reading about "no gun sign at value city furniture" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cambeul41
September 26, 2010, 06:28 PM
One thing I like about Michigan is the scarcity of such signs.

Shytheed Dumas
October 24, 2010, 11:10 AM
I just found one of their signs, and it's one of the most obnoxious condenscending pieces of drivel I have seen in a long time. I sent them an email informing them that there are more than enough choices of furniture sellers in the Louisville metro area, and not one of them poking a finger in a considerable percentage of their shopping population. Here's the sign.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h285/guttingkw/VCF.jpg

bigfatdave
October 24, 2010, 07:42 PM
I wonder how much the metal detectors and force-fields cost to install?

IBEWBULL
October 24, 2010, 07:51 PM
Way back in the last centry. I had to say that, it was 1974 in Virginia I was packing a 28 S&W 4 inch on my motorcycle and stopped to have some dinner.
The hostess asked if my gun was loaded when I came in and I told her yes.
She asked if I would put it in the car. I had no luggage compartments which I told her.
My mistake was leaving the unloaded gun with the cashier up front, the risk of it being used or stolen was more than I realized at the time. I should have just left and went hungry.
That is about all to the story.
There were several county and city laws back then and I never knew what was actually legal.
This was my one and only problem in open carry.
Hopefully Wisconsin will pass the carry law soon.

Zombie_Flesh
November 29, 2010, 03:37 PM
I faxed Value City Furniture a photo lineup with a brief note- first a picture of their no guns sign - then a picture of an invoice for a $3,000 purchase at their competitor.

The note indicated that I had shopped in their store before noticing the sign and had picked out my bedroom set in the showroom. I decided to go elsewhere where there was no such sign or policy.

If you don't tell them you dislike the policy - then they don't know and are no likely going to change it. - Pezo did you contact them with a note?

rattletrap1970
November 29, 2010, 03:41 PM
Real easy to get the word out and vote with your wallet.

benEzra
November 29, 2010, 10:03 PM
I faxed Value City Furniture a photo lineup with a brief note- first a picture of their no guns sign - then a picture of an invoice for a $3,000 purchase at their competitor.

The note indicated that I had shopped in their store before noticing the sign and had picked out my bedroom set in the showroom. I decided to go elsewhere where there was no such sign or policy.

If you don't tell them you dislike the policy - then they don't know and are no likely going to change it. - Pezo did you contact them with a note?
^^ This. Short, to the point, and effective. Businesses often won't change unless they feel their CHL-holders-not-welcome policies are costing them sales.

rozziboy18
December 2, 2010, 07:23 PM
do they still make the "no gun no buisness" cards?

DT Guy
December 2, 2010, 09:28 PM
"We provide a safe environment"....sounds like they're putting themselves COMPLETELY on the hook for my personal safety while I'm there.

I can't help but wonder what would happen if (and I'm not hoping for this in any way) a nut killed some people-especially a CCW who'd disarmed at the door-and a really good lawyer got a hold of that sign.

Larry

Mr.Davis
December 2, 2010, 10:52 PM
I have never been so insulted as I was by Value City's no guns sign. I told their corporate office as much in an email and told them I'd never return since they basically called me dangerous and irresponsible. They've lost over $2000 of business from me in just the last two years.

Shytheed Dumas
December 2, 2010, 10:55 PM
You said it DT. I believe that ANY place that disarms me due to their "policies" assumes 100% responsibility for my protection. I will also consider them 100% liable and take every civil legal action available if anything ever happens to me or my family because I was unable to defend myself in their places of business. Hey, I figure I'm entitled to having policies, too.

I should add that their response to my email was an auto-generated donotreply email. Obviously they had some IT jerk identify and flag any emails complaining about the policy as a sort of spam and spit out the reply - no need to even bother with us. I found this to be an absolutely insulting passive aggressive attack on every one of us. I took a hard copy of both emails straight to the store manager and let him know it was the last time I would be there.

gpwelding1
December 9, 2010, 01:58 AM
Dont they realise that preventing cw carry is prevent ing someone from stopping a robbery that might occur.thats the saftey of their employes,custimers,and their money!

Mr.Davis
December 9, 2010, 02:37 PM
Dont they realise that preventing cw carry is prevent ing someone from stopping a robbery that might occur.thats the saftey of their employes,custimers,and their money!

No. They fear law abiding legal gun owners more than criminals or they wouldn't have such a sign.

Creature
December 9, 2010, 03:08 PM
"We provide a safe environment"....sounds like they're putting themselves COMPLETELY on the hook for my personal safety while I'm there.

I can't help but wonder what would happen if (and I'm not hoping for this in any way) a nut killed some people-especially a CCW who'd disarmed at the door-and a really good lawyer got a hold of that sign.

Larry

Thats a very good point...

If you enjoyed reading about "no gun sign at value city furniture" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!