ruger auto 22 pistol,mk1 or 2?

PDA

wmjsmallwood
September 15, 2010, 10:25 PM
i just got a ruger 22lr automatic pistol,at first i though it was a mark 2 ,,but looking at it i dont know ,it has the silver hawk on the grip,don't lock back after emping the clip ,and the notch in the clip is on the right side of the clip as it is inserted ,i would like to purchase a second clip ,but dont know what to order it for ,,any one that can help me out ,i am lost

If you enjoyed reading about "ruger auto 22 pistol,mk1 or 2?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
czhen
September 15, 2010, 10:55 PM
Let see, I may be wrong and sure someone will correct me. Ruger MKII mags can used in model MKI just reassembly the notch on the right side. Ruger MKI does not fit in MKII. Here there are the best info on the earth about Ruger's family autopistols. Great people, full of knowledge and oustanding reading.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/
http://www.guntalk-online.com/service.html

CZhen
FL

wmjsmallwood
September 16, 2010, 07:47 AM
its not stamped mk1 or 2 on it (onlyRUGER22 cal long rifle,automatic pistol),after looking at some pictures (tks to your links)i now believe its a standard it has the silver eagle in black logo on the grip ,serial number..222697,,it shoots flawless and very accurate even the blueing is good,i will check at my local sporting /gun shop to see about the extra clip interchange ,,tks for all your help ,,hard to find info here in ky ,,lol,,,way down in ky

Jolly Rogers
September 16, 2010, 12:30 PM
Grumble.....mags....not clips....:banghead:

:) Joe

mgmorden
September 16, 2010, 01:08 PM
IIRC, there's a much easier way to go about this.

Mk1 mags held 9 rounds. Mk2 mags hold 10. Check to see how many yours holds and you'll have your answer :).

Also, I know a Mk1 doesn't have a bolt hold-open (though you can hold it open by flipping on the safety with it back) because that's what I have. I'm pretty sure that they did add that feature with the Mk2, so if you're isn't holding open then you've probably got a Standard/Mk1.

The lack of bolt hold-open is the ONLY thing I don't like about my Ruger. Shooting is less fun when I'm counting my shots :). It's a non-issue on the newer guns though.

FROGO207
September 16, 2010, 11:05 PM
I believe you have a MK 1/standard by your description also. A friend had one in the early 70's when we were in high school. We ran half a bazillion rounds through it with minimal cleaning. I now own more than half a dozen MK II stainless ones and find them just as reliable and rugged. Yes now thinking about it the easy thing to determine the difference would be the mag capacity. I had forgotten about that.

If you enjoyed reading about "ruger auto 22 pistol,mk1 or 2?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!