Beretta U22 Neos RECALL.

PDA

gunnutery
September 16, 2010, 01:15 AM
I just heard about this today at The Firearm Blog (http://www.thefirearmblog.com).

http://www.berettasupport.com/neos/ This link is the general page about the recall.

http://www.berettasupport.com/neos/neos_identification.htm This link is how to identify if you need to send in your gun for repair.

I still have to check mine to see if I need to send it in. I'm guessing so since I just bought it last December.

If you enjoyed reading about "Beretta U22 Neos RECALL." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Full Metal Jacket
September 16, 2010, 01:31 AM
it says it may fire when activating the safety :eek:

gunnutery
September 16, 2010, 01:34 AM
Yeah, I'm planning on taking care of this if mine is of the type that needs repair. I'm planning on teaching my kids on this one when they get big enough.

Skylerbone
September 16, 2010, 02:07 AM
Wouldn't you know it. I certainly recognize the old style as the one I have. I guess I'll be spending a few hours polishing a new striker.

Rugby8
September 23, 2010, 12:49 PM
I had one but I sold it to a friend that was looking for something he and his wife could shoot together. After reading that Recall notice on The Shooting Wire, I called him and then emailed him the link. He looked at the pistol and realized he needed to have the repair. He called the number, and UPS picked it up from his house within 24 hours. That was yesterday morning. I'll report back on the turn-around time. At this point, we are both amazed at the quality of customer service.

gunnutery
September 23, 2010, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the update. I have yet to start the process. Glad the pickup is quick and easy.

Rugby8
September 23, 2010, 09:05 PM
He was told that it would be returned in 4-6 weeks.

Rugby8
September 27, 2010, 05:38 PM
My dates might be mixed up because I hate the unreal world of the computer.

LOL Realtime is a debate. I like that. Not. Yes. Some. Not. Maybe. I meant the times I posted.

The pistol I mentioned was returned this AM. Repaired.

10 DAYS. Less actuallly. Actually. Door to doooor. Door.

chicharrones
September 27, 2010, 06:04 PM
Thanks to the Firearm Blog, I shipped my Neos off on Sept. 16. I got a UPS return tracking number on Friday the 24th, with an expected delivery date of tomorrow the 28th.

I can't wait to see that new striker and possible sear assembly. :scrutiny: :)

FLAvalanche
September 28, 2010, 09:57 AM
Sent mine on 9/21. Pickup was a breeze.

Also, keep in mind that if you do a search on your serial number on their site to check for status or to see if you need your repaired, make sure you capitalize the letter in your serial number.

chicharrones
September 28, 2010, 02:16 PM
I just got mine back and took it apart to inspect it. The only thing replaced on mine is the firing pin/striker. Everything else is the same and my Neos still had my red gun grease in it.

The downside is the new striker has a longer engagement surface for the sear. This has lengthened my trigger pull distance considerably. :(

The upside is the new striker has a longer engagement surface for the sear. This will probably make the gun less likely to fire unintentionally, which it never did before anyway. :scrutiny:

PFribley
October 5, 2010, 09:47 AM
Hey Hexadismal. Got any ideas on a trigger job on the new fireing pin installed in the Neos recall????

FLAvalanche
October 5, 2010, 02:47 PM
Got mine back yesterday. So that was 13 days.

6x6pinz
October 5, 2010, 08:58 PM
mine was picked up on the 27th so we will see how long it takes. never an issue with the pistol before, so hopefully nothing changes.

6x6pinz
October 9, 2010, 02:57 PM
received it back in the mail yesterday so it took less than 2 weeks. Looks like the only thing changed was the firing pin. Hopefully will get to the range later today and see if it works as it did before sending it in.

Coolbreeze8804
October 9, 2010, 07:59 PM
I just sent off for the call tag, and now I'm wondering if I really want it done. I really like my trigger now, and I have never had any problems with it.

Understanding that anything that anybody might say is merely conjecture and carries only the weight of opinion...
Am I going to be happy or dissappointed with the gun when it gets back.

chicharrones
October 12, 2010, 10:50 PM
Am I going to be happy or dissappointed with the gun when it gets back.

I guess that depends if you did some trigger/sear work or your Neos is as issued from Beretta.

I think for most users the new feel of the trigger will be just fine. The trigger pull is just a bit longer to release the firing pin. I'm sure I will get used to mine and be satisfied since my Neos is essentially used as a plinker.

MaterDei
October 15, 2010, 06:04 PM
I got the recall notice today in the mail. My pistol is on the list, not sure I'll go through the trouble to get it repaired. Mine has never malfunctioned and even if it did it wouldn't cause any real damage because I follow the 4 rules.

Am I missing something?

7thCavScout
October 21, 2010, 11:11 AM
Packaged mine up today and I'm just waiting for UPS to pick up. When I get it back I'll let you all know what their current turn around time is.

Newton
October 23, 2010, 11:31 AM
I wonder how long it will take for some enterprising individual to "accidentally" shoot themselves with a Neos and get a nice big fat check from Beretta for their pains.

Sound crazy?

Remember the lady who shot herself in the shoulder with a .22 to get free health care on her injured shoulder..........

erazor55
October 23, 2010, 09:06 PM
Thanks gunnutery for the post. I checked my NEOS and it needs to be fixed. Waiting for my reply for a UPS pickup.

I took this gun on a trip to visit my kids in Utah. It's the first handgun my daughter-in-law has ever handled. She shot great with it. My son loves it.

pbratton
October 23, 2010, 09:12 PM
Well, sent mine in when it was first announced. Got it back in less than three weeks.

boogity8k
October 24, 2010, 05:31 PM
mine was back to me in two weeks

COK
October 24, 2010, 06:56 PM
17 days for me.

Camjr
November 24, 2010, 01:47 PM
Just ran across this. I ran 200+ rounds through mine yesterday, and had no idea. I'm now waiting for UPS to come and pick it up.

Cheers.

Coolbreeze8804
November 24, 2010, 08:23 PM
NNNOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't do it!!!!! (In my opinion of course) It took 18 days for mine to be back, and another 4 days of tinkering to get some semblance of a decent trigger back. I absolutely NO benefit to the recall...

Laf'n'Larry
December 2, 2010, 11:22 AM
Just wanted to pass along the my thanks to everyone, especially GunNutery, for your posts on this recall. I wasn't a member of THR, but was googling NEOS and stumbled across this thread. I didn't know about the recall. I don't know why, but Beretta never sent me a notice.

This is my first pistol and my first automatic (can you say GREEN :D.) During the first 100 rounds, on my first ever "unsupervised" visit to a gun range, mine malfunctioned. It fired as I moved the lever to SAFE. While pointing down range, I inserted a fresh mag, released the slide using the slide release, moved the lever and "bang". I was (am) so new that I was certain that it must have been something I did, so I just redoubled my efforts to make sure that I kept my finger off the trigger when not lined up on a target. I've only fired about 500 rounds since then, but the gun has functioned perfectly without malfunction, so I just put it out of my mind, until I saw this thread.

Thanks again. I'm waiting for UPS now.

7thCavScout
December 13, 2010, 03:05 PM
They've had mine for 48 days now. I'm falling out of love here real quick. if they tossed a free magazine in it upon return that would be great. I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen tough.

bannockburn
December 13, 2010, 08:40 PM
I'm at Day 53 and still nothing back from Beretta. Guess I will give it a little while longer before I start makning some calls. Never had any problems with it, but thought that I might as well play it safe with getting it done.

wally
December 13, 2010, 09:08 PM
I'm certainly well past two weeks, but thankfully not close to 53 days. But I am a bit worried since they sent me a post card informing me of the recall last week which is about three weeks after UPS picked it up!

I've had mine for 6+ years, many thousands of rounds and never an issue. Its strictly a range gun, debated not sending it in, hope I didn't make a mistake and end up with a lost in shipping hassle :(

A free magazine won't mean anything to me, as CDNN had been selling Neos mags for $9.95 for years so I've a bunch of them. They recently raised the price to $14.95 still well below most other .22LR pistol mags which seem to run $20-35.

Billy M. Rhodes
December 21, 2010, 02:19 PM
Angry Beretta Customer "No Service"
I sent my Neos off on 10/20 and they received it on 1022. I still don't have it back. They have not updated their status site in over two weeks. They claim to be working on pistols received on 10/25, but that date has been up for over two weeks. I would appreciate the customer service web site mentioned above.
I am not happy because this is the pistol I shoot with my grandson and had to rent a pistol to shoot with him at Thanksgiving. I will see him again this week and will not be able to rent a pistol this time because it is a different venue.
I spoke to the plant on 10/20 and they were not helpful, they repeated the 10/25 date. I am gald others are happy with Beretta in this situation, but I am not.
What is an LGS. Will I have to find a FFL holder to get my pistol back?

Niel4
December 21, 2010, 04:39 PM
I sent mine in and it was recieved on 10/24....Got it back last week on Wednesday.

Billy M. Rhodes
January 27, 2011, 12:01 PM
Talked to a real person at Beretta in 1/26/2011. They have had my Neos since 10/20/2011. He THINKS it might have been broken during repair (??) and they are going to try to fix it or send me a new pistol. I don't think they know where my pistol is? I am promised an answer by 1/28/2011. Last time I talked to a person I was promised a solution by 1/14/2011.

Laf'n'Larry
February 7, 2011, 10:52 PM
Mine is back. That was 12/06/10 to 02/07/11 - just about what was projected. I thought I'd find a letter of customer appreciation and maybe a ball cap, but there wasn't anything in the package, except my pistol with a new firing pin. They didn't even run a swab after test firing it. Beretta customer service was not first rate.

In dry fire with a snap cap, the trigger has a bit more take-up and it feels "crunchy" during take-up. I don't know how else to describe it. It feels like the trigger or something is running across a slightly rough irregular surface. I'm sure it will be okay, but I definitely liked the trigger pull better before I sent it for recall service. I'll try to get to the range this week to check it out.

Dulvarian
February 7, 2011, 11:34 PM
I've been trying for a half hour to get mine to fire dropping the safety. I think I'm going to have to check the serial numbers for the recall.

I may have to say that this is the oddest thing I have ever done with a handgun. I mean, I check the safety every time I clean one of my guns. But I've never had one fail, and I've never actually tried to get one to fail. Interesting. Something to do while my wife watches "How I Met Your Mother".

Billy M. Rhodes
February 24, 2011, 02:13 PM
I was sent a new Neos after over three months.

Prorock
February 25, 2011, 06:57 PM
Anyone else have any recent info about the return time? I want to send mine in but I can wait until the rush has died down.

EmGeeGeorge
February 25, 2011, 07:00 PM
Mine only took 2 and a half weeks. Sent it in late November. Got it before Xmas.

Prorock
February 25, 2011, 07:14 PM
That is some good news. Thank you

If you enjoyed reading about "Beretta U22 Neos RECALL." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!