handle size

PDA

TomKat
September 17, 2010, 12:48 AM
I've never had nor handled an autoloader, but am looking to buy my first one (probably a p95D). So here's the newbie question... I notice there is a 10 round model and a 15 round model, does that mean that the handle is not as fat? or are the models the same size and the mags different? I'm looking for something cheap and that my wife's small hands can fit around well enough.
TC

If you enjoyed reading about "handle size" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
lions
September 17, 2010, 12:51 AM
or are the models the same size and the mags different?

This.

Taking your wife with you to the gun store is really the only way to make sure a gun will fit her hands.

REAPER4206969
September 17, 2010, 12:52 AM
No. The grip is the same, but the magazines are blocked to 10rds. for states that have their own Clinton ban. 15rds. is standard.

TomKat
September 18, 2010, 04:25 PM
Well, I took the plunge... Went to the Fort Lauderdale gun show this morning and handled and looked at a lot of guns and bought a new P95PR ($299), sadly I have to wait 5 days before I can go pick it up (I'm told that's for broward and miami county, everywhere else in Florida is only 3 days :( ) I hope I made a good choice for a first autoloader... I guess time will tell.

If I had the $$$, I'd probably would have bought a CZ 75 Sp01 Tactical (that will be my next purchase... some day)

If you enjoyed reading about "handle size" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!